Robson Arms To Air Following American Idol in Special Tuesday Night Timeslot, Feb. 27 on CTV; Joe Flaherty Guest Stars in All-New Episode
CTV will take advantage of a one-time-only opportunity in its Tuesday night schedule next week and broadcast an all-new episode of its original comedy series Robson Arms immediately following a special 90-minue episode of ratings juggernaut American Idol. Airing Tuesday, Feb. 27 at 9:30 p.m. ET on CTV (visit CTV.ca to confirm local broadcast times), SCTV’s Joe Flaherty guest stars in Robson Arms as the father of Hal (Zak Santiago). Robson Arms continues to air in its regular Saturdays at 9 p.m. ET timeslot on CTV.
In Tuesday’s episode, Hal’s Employment Insurance has run out, he owes his roommate Nick (Corner Gas star Fred Ewanuick) money, he’s killed his only source of income (selling pot) and even his own dad (Flaherty) won’t help him out. Meanwhile, Nick’s got a new friend, Wayne (Peter DeLuise), who’s making Nick question his relationship with Hal. Compared to the worldly, exotic-instrument-playing Wayne, Hal’s a bong-dependent loser. Is it time for Nick to move out?
In other upcoming episodes:
- “I Did Not Have Sex With That Woman” (Feb. 24 on CTV): As Bobbi (Corner Gas star Gabrielle Miller) frets about their unborn child and the safety of the building, an increasingly suffocated Bobby (Tobias Mehler) is haunted by doubts that he’s the baby’s true father.
- “Something Straight Between Us” (March 3 on CTV): When pretty boy Andrew (Gabriel Hogan) moves into the building, Geoff (David Richmond-Peck) – and a confused Yuri (John Cassini) – automatically assume he’s gay.
- “Mr. Lonely” (March 10 on CTV): Jann Arden guests stars when Fred (Haig Sutherland) decides he needs more in life than X-Box and a brain in a goldfish bowl after the gruesome demise of a single neighbour. When his attempt at obtaining a “Hasty-Date” only results in putting a blight on the organizer’s 100 per cent success rate, Fred doggedly pursues a friendship with Carol (Linda Kash), a Robson Arms newcomer.
Viewers who missed the first two episodes of Robson Arms can catch up on The CTV Broadband Network (at CTV.ca or TheComedyNetwork.ca). Each week, new episodes will be available on demand for free following its television broadcast on CTV and The Comedy Network. Robson Arms also airs Saturdays at 8:30 p.m. ET/PT on The Comedy Network.
Visit the Robson Arms Web site at RobsonArms.com.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- The legacy of Denis McGrath - March 24, 2017
- Crash Gallery returns for a colourful, chaotic second season - February 5, 2017
- Myth or Science: The Secrets of our Senses comes to The Nature of Things - January 18, 2017