From the Financial Post:
- Artistic community backs CTV’s CHUM takeover
The artistic community tried to rally Tuesday behind the CTV Inc. takeover of CHUM Ltd., telling CRTC officials that CTV is the only player committed to fostering and nurturing Canadian talent. Nevertheless, the chairman of the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission, Konrad von Finckenstein, appeared unmoved.
But, from Bloomberg later:
- Canadian Regulator to Reject Calls to Block Chum Deal
Canada’s broadcasting regulator will reject calls to bar CTVglobemedia Inc. from taking over rival Chum Ltd. because the agency will ensure the company produces enough Canadian shows to meet standards.
Diane is the founder of TV, eh? She loves books, movies, TV, science, space, traveling, theatre, art, cats, and drinking multiple beverages at the same time.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- The legacy of Denis McGrath - March 24, 2017
- Crash Gallery returns for a colourful, chaotic second season - February 5, 2017
- Myth or Science: The Secrets of our Senses comes to The Nature of Things - January 18, 2017