From a media release:
Calling all Canadian dancers! CTV announced today the details for the fast-approaching So You Think You Can Dance Canada cross-country audition tour, set to waltz, jive and hip-hop across Canada beginning Monday, April 7 in Vancouver. CTV also announced today that Calgary will become the fifth city on the tour, which also touches down in Toronto, Montreal and Halifax.
So You Think You Can Dance Canada cross-country auditions are open to all Canadians who, as of April 1, 2008, are of the age of majority in the province/territory in which they reside, and are no older than 30 years of age. Registration begins at 9 a.m. in each city. For up-to-date information, visit the series’ official website, dance.ctv.ca, which launches today.
Auditions will be held at the locations and on the dates listed below (subject to change):
Monday, April 7
The Centre in Vancouver for the Performing Arts
777 Homer Street
Saturday, May 3
Bella Rose Arts Centre
283 Thomas Raddall Drive
Monday, May 12
MacEwan Conference & Event Centre
2500 University Drive N.W.
Tuesday, May 27
1594 St-Denis Street
Thursday, June 5
Winter Garden Theatre
189 Yonge St.
So You Think You Can Dance Canada is designed to showcase and judge the talent of Canadian dancers who have roughly the same level of experience and maturity.
Among the rules and regulations that should be noted for the auditions:
- Competitors must be either a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
- All competitors must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Competitors must be of the age of majority in the province/territory in which they reside and no older than 30 years of age as of April 1, 2008. The age of majority is as follows: 18 years of age in Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec and Saskatchewan; and 19 years of age in British Columbia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Nunavut and Yukon.
- All competitors must provide two pieces of identification, including a government-issued photo ID (e.g. driver’s licence or passport), at the audition.
- Competitors may bring a non-competing dance partner for purposes of the audition.
- All competitors must bring with them, along with the proper ID, the signed personal release, the completed preliminary questionnaire, and the music sheet. All will be available at the audition site and for download soon at dance.ctv.ca.
- All competitors are asked to bring with them the completed music sheet indicating the music they will use in their audition, along with the CD containing the indicated music.
- All songs must be “original” songs that are commercially available and cannot be a re-mix of a song, a song downloaded from the Internet, or a competitor-created mix.
- Competitors must not wear any article of clothing with visible designer, sports or any other name, logos and/or artwork subject to protection by copyright or trademark laws.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- The legacy of Denis McGrath - March 24, 2017
- Crash Gallery returns for a colourful, chaotic second season - February 5, 2017
- Myth or Science: The Secrets of our Senses comes to The Nature of Things - January 18, 2017