From a media release:
- Anne Murray Mentors and Performs Next Week, with Bonus Performance by American Idol Jordin Sparks
- Top 4 Pack their bags and get set to hit the road for Idol Hometown Tours
Toronto’s Mookie Morris is the latest competitor to be eliminated from Canadian Idol, it was announced live on CTV tonight. After making Idol history last week by being the Torontonian that has advanced the furthest in the series’ six seasons, the popular 18-year-old received the fewest votes cast following last night’s episode. Four singers remain in the hunt to become Canada’s next Canadian Idol in just three short weeks. Next week, the Final Four will be mentored by legendary songstress Anne Murray, who performs in Tuesday’s results episode. It was also announced tonight that American Idol winner Jordin Sparks will perform in next Tuesday’s show as well.
In what fans are saying was one of the best Canadian Idol performance shows ever, the Top 5 performed the music of The Beatles during last night’s show. Morris, the youngest remaining singer in the competition, performed their classic hit “Come Together”. The judging panel had nothing but praise for Morris with Zack Werner declaring his version of the song was “…the best he has ever heard.” Alongside Morris in the Bottom 2 was fellow Ontarian, Drew Wright, 28. The Collingwood, ON native performed The Beatles’ “While My Guitar Gently Weeps”.
Following this week’s show, the Top 4 pack their bags and head home for the first time since they made the Canadian Idol Top 10 for a whirlwind two-day tour. Then it’s back to Toronto, where the Top 4 will work with Anne Murray and rehearse songs from her catalogue for the Performance Episode airing Monday, August 25 at 9 p.m. ET on CTV. The following night, Tuesday, August 26 at 8 p.m. ET on CTV, both Anne Murray and American Idol winner Jordin Sparks will take to the Canadian Idol stage during the Results Episode (visit idol.ctv.ca to confirm local broadcast times).
The Canadian Idol Top 4 performing next week are:
- Mitch MacDonald, 22, Port Hood, NS, Carpenter, Musician
- Earl Stevenson, 23, Lloydminster, AB, Swamper for a Backhoe Operator
- Theo Tams, 23, Lethbridge, AB, Student
- Drew Wright, 28, Collingwood, ON, Musician, House Painter
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- The legacy of Denis McGrath - March 24, 2017
- Crash Gallery returns for a colourful, chaotic second season - February 5, 2017
- Myth or Science: The Secrets of our Senses comes to The Nature of Things - January 18, 2017