From a media release:
- Superstar Mariah Carey to Headline Canadian Idol Season Finale, Sept. 10 on CTV
- John Legend, Hedley, reigning Idol champ Brian Melo and Jully Black also to perform in star-studded, two-hour television event
- “(Canadian) Idol reaches peak of pure entertainment.” – TV Guide, August 19, 2008
CTV announced today that Mariah Carey will headline the star-studded, two-hour Canadian Idol season finale, airing live on Wednesday, September, 10 at 8 p.m. ET on CTV. The most successful female artist of all time will perform on the results episode, after the Canadian Idol Top 2 compete for the nation one last time in the final performance show airing Monday, September 8 at 9 p.m. ET on CTV. The powerhouse line-up of talent scheduled to perform in the finale also features five-time Grammy winner John Legend; multiple MMVA winner and JUNO nominated Hedley, fronted by Idol alumnus Jacob Hoggard; last year’s Canadian Idol champ Brian Melo; and newest Idol cast member, JUNO winner Jully Black.
“Viewers are in for a treat in what is shaping up to be one of the most spectacular Canadian Idol finales ever,” said Susanne Boyce, President, Creative, Content and Channels, CTV Inc.
The dramatic finish to the season will be intensified by the two-day wait for the results. With four men left in the competition, the sixth Canadian Idol is guaranteed to be a male for the second year in a row. It’s the conclusion to a season that many fans are calling one of the best ever. After this week’s performance episode, TV Guide wrote “watching last night’s Canadian Idol…was one of the best experiences I’ve had at the reality show. And, sitting in my cushy seat amid rabid fans and blinding spotlights, I rediscovered the brilliance this Idol thing had when it was new and revolutionary.” Additional details about Canadian Idol’s sixth season finale will be announced in the coming weeks.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- The legacy of Denis McGrath - March 24, 2017
- Crash Gallery returns for a colourful, chaotic second season - February 5, 2017
- Myth or Science: The Secrets of our Senses comes to The Nature of Things - January 18, 2017