From a media release:
CTV Gives Thanks to Corner Gas with Season 6 Premiere on Thanksgiving Monday, October 13
- Production on Canada’s No. 1 comedy series wraps in Saskatchewan this past weekend
- eTalk celebrates final season with half-hour Corner Gas special, airing October 13
- Corner Gas Season 5 DVD to be released October 7
The final scene has been shot. Episode No. 107 is now in the can. The goodbyes have been said. And now it’s time to give thanks for Canada’s history-making comedy series, Corner Gas. With production officially wrapped this past weekend, CTV announced today that the sixth and final season of Corner Gas will premiere Thanksgiving Monday, October 13 at 9:30 p.m. ET. The 19, hilarious new episodes also air Saturdays at 8 p.m. ET/PT on The Comedy Network (beginning October 18), on demand on the CTV Video Player at CTV.ca and on the go at iTunes.ca.
CTV continues to give thanks to Corner Gas with a special Thanksgiving
edition of eTalk at 7 p.m. on October 13. The half-hour special provides a
sneak peek at the all-new season and also takes a look back at the past five seasons.
“Thank heaven for Corner Gas,” said Susanne Boyce, President, Creative, Content and Channels, CTV Inc. “This is the series that changed the game for Canadian television, and we are all thankful for that. In addition to entertaining millions, Corner Gas has inspired confidence in the industry, paving the way for so many other successful Canadian series that have followed. Congratulations – and thank you – to Brent Butt, the cast and crew as we embark on these final 19 episodes.”
In Season 6, there’s still not a lot going on 40 miles from nowhere. In the premiere episode (Oct. 13), Brent enters a reluctant Lacey into an eating contest, tarnishing his well-earned reputation. At the Leroy’s, Emma’s new mp3 player allows Oscar to get away with a bit too much. Also in Season 6:
- Brent competes with Lacey and Hank to prove he is Dog River’s biggest Saskatchewan Roughriders fan
- Davis is sent on a sensitivity course after making too many blonde jokes at Karen’s expense, and comes back worse off than before he left
- Oscar and Emma enjoy Lacey’s company in their new hot tub a lot more than Lacey enjoys theirs
- Wanda’s life changes when she inherits her uncle’s motorcycle
- Karen tries to convince Dog River that she is not the crazy cat lady
Special guest stars featured in Season 6 include Michael Bublé, Gordon Pinsent and David Suzuki, among others.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- The legacy of Denis McGrath - March 24, 2017
- Crash Gallery returns for a colourful, chaotic second season - February 5, 2017
- Myth or Science: The Secrets of our Senses comes to The Nature of Things - January 18, 2017