From a media release:
Citytv Premieres the Epic Adventure Series and Canadian Co-Production “Crusoe”
Citytv is the place to be for your weekly dose of action, adventure and fantasy! Based on the legendary novel by Daniel Defoe, the high-octane, thrill-ride “Crusoe” premieres with a two-hour episode Friday, October 17 on Citytv and Saturday October 18 on OLN.
Broadcast Schedule is as follows:
- Citytv, Toronto, Friday, October 17 at 8pm ET (Moves to 9pm ET as of Friday, October 24)
- Citytv, Winnipeg, Friday, October 17 at 8pm CT (Moves to 9pm CT as of Friday, October 24)
- Citytv, Calgary, Friday, October 17 at 9pm MT (Moves to 10pm MT as of Friday, October 24)
- Citytv, Edmonton, Friday, October 17 at 9pm MT (Moves to 10pm MT as of Friday, October 24)
- Citytv, Vancouver, Friday, October 17 at 8pm PT (Moves to 9pm PT as of Friday, October 24)
- OLN, Saturday, October 18 at 8pm ET/5pm PT
A dashing and entrepreneurial-spirited young man by the name of Robinson Crusoe (Philip Winchester, “Flyboys”) leaves behind his true love, Susannah (Anna Watson, “Pan’s Labyrinth”) to embark on an adventure of a lifetime — only to end up shipwrecked on a remote tropical island for 28 years, completely detached from the life he once knew. Living by his wits in total isolation, Crusoe strikes up an unlikely friendship with Friday, a former savage that he helps to rescue from slavery. Together with his new companion, Crusoe battles inner demons and outer conflicts. Overcoming marauding militias, hungry cannibals, wild cats, starvation and apocalyptic lightning storms on his seemingly idyllic island, Crusoe dreams of the day he will be reunited with his beloved family.
The series focuses on life on the island intertwined with telling flashbacks to his life back in England before the shipwreck. Among those are his tragic childhood with widower father James (Sean Bean, “The Lord of the Rings”), the blossoming relationship with the love of his life, Susannah and his endeavor to transform entrepreneurial aspirations into a business empire under the watchful eye of family friend, Jeremiah Blackthorn (Sam Neill, “The Tudors”).
“Rogers Media is thrilled to have been a part of this production since the beginning and we hope that Canadian audiences will engage with this timeless adventure of the original survivor, Robinson Crusoe” said Alain Strati, VP Specialty TV & Development, Rogers Media Television.
“Crusoe” is produced by Muse Entertainment, Power and Moonlighting Crusoe Productions (Pty) Ltd as an official Canada/ UK/ South Africa co-production. This series was also partially funded by Rogers’ Citytv. Incendo Media is the Canadian distributor of the series.
Catch the epic tale of the ultimate survivor when “Crusoe” premieres Friday, October 17 on Citytv and Saturday October 18 on OLN.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- The legacy of Denis McGrath - March 24, 2017
- Crash Gallery returns for a colourful, chaotic second season - February 5, 2017
- Myth or Science: The Secrets of our Senses comes to The Nature of Things - January 18, 2017