From a media release:
SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA’s Top 4 Revealed
- After more than three million votes ALLIE, MILES, NATALLI and NICO Become SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA’s First-Ever Top 4 as IZAAK and LISA are Eliminated
- The Top 4 will take to the stage for the final two-hour performance show, Wednesday, December 3 at 8 p.m. ET on CTV
- Blake McGrath and Luther Brown join Tré Armstrong and Jean Marc Genereux behind the judge’s desk next week
- Canada’s favourite dancer will be revealed during a two-hour results show on Sunday, December 7 at 9 p.m. ET
After a record high of more than three million votes from across the country on Wednesday night, it was revealed live by host Leah Miller on CTV that either ALLIE, MILES, NATALLI or NICO will be named Canada’s favourite dancer as IZAAK and LISA were eliminated from SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA. The Top 4 dancers will take to the stage and show Canada their moves during a special two-hour performance show on Wednesday, December 3 at 8 p.m. ET on CTV, prior to the live, star-studded two-hour grand finale on Sunday, December 7 at 9 p.m. ET on CTV (visit CTV.ca to confirm local listings).
With voting based solely on individual competitors instead of couples, the Top 6 each had the opportunity to perform a solo of their choice. The performances wouldn’t change the results, and for two competitors, it would be their last chance to perform on the program. Following the solos, host Leah Miller announced that after last night’s countrywide poll, IZAAK Smith, 19, a Hip-Hop and Contemporary dancer from Prince George, BC and LISA Auguste, 27, a Contemporary/Hip-Hop dancer from Rexdale, ON received the lowest number of votes and would be going home.
The Top 6 opened the show with a step dance performance to Gwen Stefani’s “Hollaback Girl” choreographed by SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA judge Tré Armstrong.
Next week, SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA guest judges and choreographers Blake McGrath and Luther Brown are back behind the judges desk with Tré Armstrong and Jean Marc Genereux.
Throughout the two-hour performance show, the Top 4 will be performing routines by choreographers familiar to SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA audiences from this past season: Paul Becker, Sean Cheesman, Sho-tyme, Stacey Tookey, Gustavo Vargas and Melissa Williams. The Top 4 will perform in pairings with each other as they dance seven numbers in total, including boy/girl couples as well as performances with ALLIE and NATALLI and MILES and NICO together. The expanded performance episode will also feature a Top 4 hip-hop group performance choreographed by SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE guest judge and choreographer Dan Karaty.
The Top 4 dancers performing next week on the SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA stage during the two-hour final performance show on Wednesday, December 3 at 8 p.m. ET on CTV (visit CTV.ca to confirm local listings) are:
- ALLIE Bertram, 18, a Ballet dancer from Calgary
- MILES Faber, 21, a Popper and Boogaloo dancer from Calgary
- NATALLI Reznik, 28, a Hip-Hop/Latin dancer from Toronto
- NICO Archambault, 23, a Contemporary/Hip-Hop dancer from Montréal
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- The legacy of Denis McGrath - March 24, 2017
- Crash Gallery returns for a colourful, chaotic second season - February 5, 2017
- Myth or Science: The Secrets of our Senses comes to The Nature of Things - January 18, 2017