From a media release:
The Movie Network’s Durham County Top Gemini Award Winner
Astral Media’s The Movie Network’s original drama series Durham County was the lead winner at the 23rd Annual Gemini Awards garnering five Geminis in total. The critically acclaimed six-part drama series about the sinister secrets in an idyllic suburban neighbourhood took home these awards over two ceremonies – the Drama, Variety and Comedy Gala on October 22, 2008 and the Gemini Awards Broadcast Gala on November 28, 2008. The awards include:
- Best Performance by an Actor in a Continuing Leading Dramatic Role (Justin Louis)
- Best Performance by an Actress in a Continuing Leading Dramatic Role (Hélène Joy)
- Best Direction in a Dramatic Series (Holly Dale)
- Best Writing in a Dramatic Series (Laurie Finstad Knizhnik)
- Best Sound in a Dramatic Series (Jill Purdy, Mario Auclair, Lee De Lang, Keith Elliott, Andrea Higgins, Brad Thornton)
Having just completed principal photography on its second season, Durham County will return to The Movie Network with new episodes in summer 2009. Durham County is produced by Muse Entertainment Enterprises and Back Alley Film Productions Ltd., and is a co-production of The Movie Network and Movie Central.
In addition to Durham County, The Movie Network’s upcoming slate of Canadian original drama programming also includes ZOS: Zone of Separation and The Line. Premiering on January 19, 2009, the Paul Gross co-executive produced series ZOS: Zone of Separation is an eight-part drama series about the life and death struggle to enforce a U.N.-brokered ceasefire in a fictional, Sarajevo-like town. The Line, a 15-part drama from George F. Walker and Dani Romain about a collection of cops, criminals and everybody in between as they all come together in a suburban wasteland, is scheduled to premiere in March 2009.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- The legacy of Denis McGrath - March 24, 2017
- Crash Gallery returns for a colourful, chaotic second season - February 5, 2017
- Myth or Science: The Secrets of our Senses comes to The Nature of Things - January 18, 2017