From a media release:
Project Runway Canada – Fashion’s Ultimate Faceoff Returns to Primetime with an All-New Season
The tantrums, the tears, the divas – fashion isn’t always pretty… The 2008 Gemini Award Winning Project Runway Canada returns for an all-new season making its network premiere on Global Television with encore performances on SLICE.
Beginning Tuesday, January 27 – 10pm ET/PT Project Runway Canada, primetime’s most fashionable reality series, returns with heart wrenching, edge-of-your-seat excitement TV fans will love.
“Given the knock-out hit Project Runway Canada was for Slice, we couldn’t be happier the series is coming to the much broader audience of the conventional platform,” said Karen Gelbart, SVP, Lifestyle Content, Canwest Broadcasting. “From A-list celebrity guest judges to the intense competition amongst the passionate designers – viewers will not be disappointed.”
Style icon and international supermodel, Iman, returns as Host and leads a panel of expert industry insiders who will judge the talent and skills of 14 promising new designers from across the country. Respected Canadian fashion designer Brian Bailey will once again act as mentor to the designers as they take on weekly fashion challenges.
“We are beyond thrilled to bring Project Runway Canada to Global viewers this year,” says John Brunton, President and CEO of Insight Production Company Ltd. “The stakes, the competitors and the drama are all bigger and better, so we can’t wait to share this with a whole new audience.”
Vying for top-spot as the next Canadian fashion star, Project Runway Canada design contestants compete in dramatic challenges hoping to seize their breakthrough moment. Handpicked from across the country, this season’s fashion designers come from an array of backgrounds, hailing from Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, Montreal, Hamilton, Barrie and Toronto.
The Project Runway Canada Designers are:
– Adejoké Taiwo, 24, from Calgary, AB
– Baylor Orlando, 37, from Montreal, QC
– Brandon R. Dwyer, 22, from Barrie, ON
– Camille Prins, 28, from Toronto, ON
– Christie Clayton, 30, from Vancouver, BC
– Danio Frangella, 33, from LaSalle, ON
– Genevieve Graham, 30, from Vancouver, BC
– Jaclyn Murray, 26, from Winnipeg, MB
– Jason Meyers, 31, from Hamilton, ON
– Jeff MacKinnon, 41, from Toronto, ON
– Jessica Biffi, 25, from Toronto, ON
– Kim Cathers, 29, from Vancouver, BC
– Margarita Voultsos, 24, from Montreal, QC
– Sunny Fong, 32, from Toronto, ON