From a media release:
SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA Top 20 Revealed as CTV Adds Extra Episode, Sunday, Aug. 23
- Auditions conclude with the highs and lows from Montreal and Edmonton on Tuesday, August 18 at 8 p.m. ET on CTV
- Then close to 200 dancers face off in Toronto during Finals Week for a spot in the Top 20, Wednesday, August 19 at 8 p.m. ET on CTV
- Encore episodes air Sunday, August 23 at 2 p.m. ET and Sunday, August 30 at 5 p.m. ET on MuchMusic, before moving to the regular timeslot of Sundays at 6 p.m. ET beginning September 6
The level of talent is extraordinary. As aÂ result, CTV will add an extra hour of SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA onÂ Sunday, August 23 at 9 p.m. ET (visit CTV.ca to confirm local broadcastÂ times). Following tomorrow’s audition show and Wednesday’s Finals show,Â Sunday’s special episode will feature the pivotal moments when this year’s SOÂ YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA Top 20 are revealed.
Dancers have one last chance to earn their boarding pass during theÂ Montreal and Edmonton auditions on Tuesday, August 18 at 8 p.m. ET on CTV, and then they’re off to Toronto for Finals Week. The highs, lows and eliminations aren’t easy as the dancers face a variety of different genres as well asÂ mental and physical challenges during Finals Week, Wednesday, August 19 at 8Â p.m. ET on CTV. Dance challenges in Wednesday’s episode include a round of Hip-Hop with special guest judge Luther Brown, Jazz Funk with judge TrÃ© Armstrong, and Ballroom with judge Jean Marc Genereux and his dance partner and wife, France Mousseau. Then, it’s the most anxiety-filled round of the week – Contemporary with special guest judge Blake McGrath.
In Sunday’s special one-hour Top 20 reveal episode (August 23 at 9 p.m. ET), the final group of competitors find out whether they proved to the judges they have what it takes to make it into the Season 2 Top 20. With a week of battling nerves behind them, the remaining competitors learn their fate one by one as viewers discover who will be competing for their votes this season.
The SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA Season 2 Top 20 are poised to tear up the dance floor during the first Performance episode on Tuesday, August 25 at 8 p.m. ET, followed by the elimination of the first two dancers Wednesday, August 26 at 7:30 p.m. ET on CTV. Encore episodes air Sunday, August 23 at 2 p.m. ET and Sunday, August 30 at 5 p.m. ET on MuchMusic, before moving to the regular timeslot of Sundays at 6 p.m. ET beginning September 6 on MuchMusic (visit muchmusic.com to confirm local broadcast times). The Season 2 broadcast schedule continues as follows on CTV (all times ET; times and dates subject to change; visit CTV.ca to confirm local broadcast times):
- Tuesday, August 18 at 8 p.m. ET (two hours) – Montreal and Edmonton – Auditions
- Wednesday, August 19 at 8 p.m. ET (two hours) – Finals Week
- Sunday, August 23 at 9 p.m. ET (one hour) – Top 20 Reveal Special
- Tuesday, August 25 at 8 p.m. ET (two hours) – Top 20 Performance Episode
- Wednesday, August 26 at 7:30 p.m. ET (half hour) – Top 20 Results Episode
Highlights from each week’s SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA episodes and behind-the-scenes interviews will be available on demand on the CTV Video Player at CTV.ca. For up-to-date SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA information, visit the series’ official website, dance.ctv.ca. There, fans can interact with their favourite dancers, judges and choreographers by browsing the image galleries, videos, blogs, forums and more.