From a media release:
SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA Delivers Highest Audience of Season with 1.4 Million Viewers on CTV
- More than 3 million viewers tune in to some part of first performance episode of season
- The excitement continues tonight with first live results show at 7:30 p.m. E.T.
CTV’s SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA achieved its biggest audience of the season last night with the first performance show of the year. The two-hour episode was watched on average by nearly 1.4 million viewers, making it the most-watched program of the night on Canadian television. The audience grew throughout the broadcast, peaking with 1.7 million viewers at 9:49 p.m. Up 17% over Sunday’s Special Top 20 reveal episode, more than 3.3 million viewers tuned in to some or all of the broadcast.
Featuring the first-ever live performances by the newly announced Season 2 Top 20, young, urban viewers once again flocked to SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA. The episode won its timeslot (8-10 p.m.) by 29% among A18-34 (322,000) and by 5% among A18-49 (619,000) over the NCIS/BIG BROTHER simulcast (CBS/Global). As well, SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA was the #1 program of the night in Canada’s two-largest urban markets, Toronto and Vancouver.*
Tonight, Janet Jackson choreographer Gil Duldulao and the SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA Top 20 pay tribute to Michael Jackson in first Results Episode at 7:30 p.m. ET on CTV.
Source: BBM Nielsen Media Research Preliminary Overnight Reports
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- The legacy of Denis McGrath - March 24, 2017
- Crash Gallery returns for a colourful, chaotic second season - February 5, 2017
- Myth or Science: The Secrets of our Senses comes to The Nature of Things - January 18, 2017