From Lindsey Ward of Sun Media:
- Ex-NHLers take spin at figure skating
“Considering that it takes place entirely on ice, CBC’s Battle of the Blades isn’t the smoothest show around. Technical glitches, a script snafu and a one-track-minded guest judge plagued the new reality TV series’ premiere on Sunday night.” Read more.
From Bill Brioux at TV Feeds My Family:
- Battle of the Blades: The View From the Golds
“Whatever (ratings) total emerges, it is likely to grow week-to-week as word of mouth spreads on this compelling, original and just so damn Canadian skating showcase.” Read more.
From Anh Khoi Do:
- TV: Thoughts On ‘Battle of the Blades’
“Best performances (no order of preference): Tie Domi/Christine “Tuffy” Hough-Sweeney (alhtough I, as a fan of the Montreal Canadiens, grew up loathing Domi who played for the Toronto Maple Leafs); Glen Anderson/Isabelle Brasseur; Ron Duguay/Barbara Underhill; Claude Lemieux/Shae-Lynn Bourne (okay, Lemieux lacked finesse while he was shaking his hips).” Read more.
Diane is the founder of TV, eh? She loves books, movies, TV, science, space, traveling, theatre, art, cats, and drinking multiple beverages at the same time.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- The legacy of Denis McGrath - March 24, 2017
- Crash Gallery returns for a colourful, chaotic second season - February 5, 2017
- Myth or Science: The Secrets of our Senses comes to The Nature of Things - January 18, 2017