From Todd VanDerWerff of the AV Club:
- 18 to Life – “A Modest Proposal” and “No Strings Attached”
“The CW’s new Canadian import series, 18 to Life, feels sort of like someone up north said, “Hey, that Juno movie was really something, no?” then ran the movie through a food processor and distilled it down into some sort of Juno smoothie.” Read more.
From Angel Cohn of Television Without Pity:
- 18 to Life: Worse Than A Prison Sentence?
“One might ask, “With a premise like that, how can you lose?” Well, it’s simple. The writing, while admittedly well-paced, isn’t even remotely funny. I didn’t even chuckle during the first two episodes that aired last night, and Farber’s charm can only carry a show so far. The rest of the show is just very contrived and overly familiar, and basically feels like a second-rate Disney Channel show.” Read more.
From Jerome Wetzel of the Examiner:
- 18 to Life hits the U.S.
“18 to Life is a charming Canadian sitcom about two best friends and neighbors who get married shortly after turning eighteen.” Read more.
From Robert Seidman of TV By The Numbers:
- TV Ratings: â€˜Hell’s Kitchen,’ & â€˜MasterChefâ€˜ Best â€˜Wipeoutâ€˜ & â€˜Shaq Vs.â€˜
“The premiere of 18 to Life on the CW lost viewers from a repeat of Plain Jane (which outperformed last Wednesday’s premiere), and even more ran away in the second half hour.” Read more.
Diane is the founder of TV, eh? She loves books, movies, TV, science, space, traveling, theatre, art, cats, and drinking multiple beverages at the same time.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- The legacy of Denis McGrath - March 24, 2017
- Crash Gallery returns for a colourful, chaotic second season - February 5, 2017
- Myth or Science: The Secrets of our Senses comes to The Nature of Things - January 18, 2017