From a media release:
Sixteen Dancers Remain as JULIA Harnett and JERA Wolfe are Eliminated from So You Think You Can Dance Canada
- Top 16 Performance show airs at a new time of 8 p.m. ET on Monday, September 13
CTV announced live tonight that JULIA and JERA would be leaving the SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA stage. The names of the two eliminated competitors were revealed after host Leah Miller announced the three couples who received the lowest number of votes and they danced for their lives. Sixteen dancers remain, with one ultimately earning the name of Canada’s Favourite Dancer.
The bottom three couples who performed their solos for the country this week were: JULIA Harnett, 26, Calgary, AB, and JESSE Weafer, 25, Aurora, ON who danced an emotional Contemporary routine; KIRSTEN Wicklund, 20, Vancouver, BC, and JERA Wolfe, 19, Inverness, NS who danced a old school Hip-Hop routine; and CLAUDIA Primeau, 26, Montreal, QC and EDGAR Gilbert-Reyes, 22, Calgary, AB who performed a passion filled Jazz routine. Following the reveal, each dancer had the opportunity to dance for their lives before the judges deliberated and decided that JULIA, a Latin Ballroom dancer and JERA, a Ballet dancer and Breaker, would be the two dancers eliminated from the competition.
Kicking off the results show was a group number choreographed by two-time Emmy Award-winner Mia Michaels. Set to â€œLet Goâ€ by Mitzi Gaynor, the Top 18 performed sharp, intricate movements with a quirky feel that embodied the 1960s with a sleek mod look, complete with black rimmed glasses.
Performing in front of judges Jean Marc Genereux and TrÃ© Armstrong as well as guest judges Rex Harrington and Stacey Tookey for next week’s Performance episode on Monday, September 13 beginning at a new time of 8 p.m. ET on CTV (go to ctv.ca to confirm local listings) are:
1. Amanda Cleghorn, 19, a Contemporary dancer from Mississauga, ON
2. Charlene Hart, 24, a Contemporary Jazz dancer from Abbotsford, BC
3. CLAUDIA Primeau, 26, a Ballroom dancer from Montreal, QC
4. Danielle Gardner, 21, a Contemporary dancer from Surrey, BC
5. Denys Drozdyuk, 25, a Ballroom dancer from Toronto, ON
6. Edgar Gilbert-Reyes, 22, a Hip-Hop dancer from Calgary, AB
7. Janick Arseneau, 20, a Contemporary dancer from Bathurst, NB
8. Jeff Mortensen, 22, a Contemporary dancer from Edmonton, AB
9. Jesse Weafer, 25, a Contemporary dancer from Aurora, ON
10. Jonathan Arsenault, 26 Contemporary dancer from Kitchener, ON
11. Kirsten Wicklund, 20, a Contemporary Ballet dancer from Vancouver, BC
12. KloÃ© Schultz, 20, a Lyrical-Jazz dancer from North Bay, ON
13. Mackenzie Green, 20, a Contemporary dancer from Regina, SK
14. Nathalie Heath, 23, a Contemporary dancer from Surrey, BC
15. Sebastian Mersch, 21, a Contemporary dancer from Toronto, ON
16. Shavar Blackwood, 25, a Hip-Hop dancer from Toronto, ON
The Top 16 will work with judges Luther Brown and Blake McGrath as well as returning choreographers Sean Cheesman, Melissa Williams, Mandy Moore, Sho-Tyme, Eric Caty and Gustavo Vargas.
An encore of the Top 18 Performance and Results episodes will air on MuchMusic Saturday, September 11 beginning at 5:30 p.m. ET, and the Top 16 Performance and Results episodes will air Saturday, September 18 beginning at 5 p.m. ET (visit muchmusic.com to confirm local broadcast times).
Highlights from the weekly SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA episodes, including performances, and behind-the-scenes interviews will be available on demand on the CTV Video Player at CTV.ca. For up-to-date information, visit the series’ official website, dance.ctv.ca which gets fans up close and personal with their favourite dancers, judges and choreographers through exclusive photo galleries and blogs, while also providing news, episode recaps, a music guide, quizzes, forums and more.