From a media release:
KEN FINKLEMAN RETURNS TO TELEVISION IN GOOD DOG, A NEW ORIGINAL SERIES FROM THE MOVIE NETWORK AND MOVIE CENTRAL
- Half-hour Canadian series starring Ken Finkleman, Lauren Lee Smith and Jason Weinberg
- Premieres Sunday, March 6 at 8 p.m. ET/MT
- Sampling opportunities begin Monday, February 28
Start with a self-absorbed, neurotic TV producer and his hot young new girlfriend, add a reality series pitch about their volatile lives into the mix, and you get Good Dog, a sharp, snappy new comedy series from award-winning writer and producer Ken Finkleman (The Newsroom). The series debuts with two back-to-back episodes beginning Sunday, March 6 at 8 p.m. ET/MT on HBO Canada, a multiplex channel of Astralâ€™s The Movie Network (Eastern Canada) and Corus Entertainmentâ€™s Movie Central (Western Canada).
â€œFrom The Newsroom to Good Dog, Ken Finkleman takes Canadian audiences on a journey of cringe worthy laughs and unforgettable dialogue,â€ said Jocelyn Hamilton, Vice President, Original Programming, Kids, Comedy, Drama, Corus Entertainment. â€œWith Good Dog joining the Gemini-winning Less Than Kind, Call Me Fitz, Living In Your Car and the upcoming Funny As Hell, HBO Canada continues to offer subscribers the raw, edgy and quality comedy that they enjoy and have come to expect from pay TV.â€
Good Dog focuses on the life of George (Ken Finkleman), an irritable, narcissistic TV producer. As the series begins, George gets involved with Claire (Lauren Lee Smith, CSI; The L Word; The Listener), a gorgeous model half his age, and negotiates his new reality of dating a younger woman by pitching a reality show about his highly coveted, seriously volatile life. When network executives insist that Claire move into his house with her two young children and opinionated nanny, George is forced to escalate the relationship and consequently, his fears of commitment. After the pitch and his life begin go sideways, George discovers he must be a good dog if he wants his relationship to work out, and frets, vents and re-evaluates everything by soliciting questionable advice from his best friend Doug (Jason Weinberg).
The 13-part half-hour comedy series is created, written and directed by Ken Finkleman. Finkleman, Christina Jennings and Scott Garvie are executive producers. Jan Peter Meyboom and Avi Federgreen are producers. The series is produced by Shaftesbury Films with the participation of The Movie Network and Movie Central, the Canada Media Fund, Rogers Cable Network Fund, the Canadian Film or Video Production Tax Credit and the Ontario Media Development Corporation Film and Television Tax Credits.
Following its special two-part premiere, subsequent episodes of Good Dog will debut at 8:30 p.m. ET/MT Sunday nights on HBO Canada. All episodes will be broadcast in High Definition, and will be available on demand and through The Movie Network OnLine with Bell TV, Rogers and Videotron following their network premieres.
Beginning Monday, February 28, The Movie Network and Movie Central will offer subscribers and non-subscribers a chance to sample the premiere episode prior to its premiere. The sneak peek will be available via the following platforms:
- Free of charge online at www.hbocanada.com
- In Eastern Canada, free of charge via the video on demand services of participating television providers including: Bell, Cogeco, Eastlink, Mitchell Seaforth Cable, Rogers, Seaside, Source\
- In Eastern Canada via The Movie Network OnDemand
- In Eastern Canada via HBO Canada OnLine with Rogers Rogers, Bell TV and Videotron
- In Western Canada, free of charge via the video on demand services of participating cable providers including: Shaw, Bell, Eastlink, Delta, Coast, Telus & Westman
- In Western Canada via Movie Central On Demand and via HBO Canada Online with Shaw Video On Demand and Bell TV Online
In April and May, the first two episodes will be also be available through Air Canadaâ€™s in-flight entertainment network on all of the airlineâ€™s regional, domestic and international flights.