From a media release:
JANN ARDEN, PIERRE BOUVIER AND VANILLA ICE ANNOUNCED AS CELEBRITY JUDGES FOR CANADA SINGS
- Plus, ET Canada’s Hollywood Correspondent Matte Babel to Host Global’s Original Six-Part Series That Transforms Workmates to Castmates
Global announced today that Jann Arden, Simple Plan’s Pierre Bouvier and Rob Van Winkle a.k.a. Vanilla Ice will lead the all-important judging panel for the network’s new original series, Canada Sings.
These three well respected and extremely talented judges are the perfect addition to a breakout series that taps into Canada’s rich and diverse talent pool. But unlike most typical talent searches, Canada Sings focused its efforts on something truly original and definitely unusual: the workplace. The result will be the most remarkable and engaging competition ever seen on TV in which 12 workplace glee clubs first try to gel as performers and then try to out dance, out manoeuvre and literally out sing the other teams for a chance to shine on a national stage.
ET Canada’s Hollywood Correspondent, Matte Babel joins the judges as host for Canada Sings guiding the viewers and supporting the glee clubs as they go head-to-head. Each episode of the original series (6×1 hour) will feature two competing teams with the judging panel declaring the winning glee club at the end of the hour. From behind-the-scenes at the intense rehearsals to giving it their all on centre stage, the emotional and physical highs and lows will have Canadians nationwide cheering for their favourite teams. Canada Sings is set to broadcast on Global (date to be confirmed).
Canada Sings glee clubs and charities include:
* “Airborne11” – Air Canada (Etobicoke, ON)
Charity: Ronald McDonald House
* “The Edutones” – Eric Hamber Secondary School (Vancouver, B.C.)
Charity: B.C. Children’s Hospital Foundation
* “Hammer Cruisers” – Hamilton Police Male Chorus (Hamilton, ON)
Charity: Project Concern
* “Junk Notes” – 1-800-GOT-JUNK? (Vancouver, B.C.)
Charity: Harmony House Centre for Autism Research and Education Society
* “Just Energetics” – Just Energy (Mississauga, ON)
Charity: Knights Table
* “Keg Spirits” – The Keg Steakhouse & Bar (Toronto, ON)
Charity: The Keg Spirits Foundation
* “The Power Chords” – GoodLife Fitness (Toronto, ON)
Charity: GoodLife Kids Foundation
* “Pulse” – The Scarborough Hospital (Scarborough, ON)
Charity: The Scarborough Hospital Foundation
* “Run DRC” – The Distillery Restaurants Corporation (Toronto, ON)
Charity: Red Door Family Shelter
* “The Sound of Fire” – Toronto Fire Services (Scarborough, ON)
Charity: Camp BUCKO
* “Wolf Pack” – Lone Wolf Real Estate Technologies (Cambridge, ON)
Charity: Tumaini Children’s Foundation (TUCHIFO)
* “The Zooper Stars” – Toronto Zoo (Scarborough, ON)
Charity: Toronto Zoo’s Animal Health Care Centre
With a wide range of hidden and untapped talent, and mere days to perfect their pitch and synchronize their moves, the Canada Sings glee clubs were prepped by coaching duos: choreographer Christian Vincent (Dance Captain for Madonna’s “Drowned World Tour”) paired with vocal coach Sharron Matthews (“The Music Man,” “Hairspray: The Movie”) and choreographer Kelly Konno (pictured) (Michael Bublé’s “Feeling Good” music video) working alongside vocal coach Scott Henderson (founding member of Juno®-nominated R&B group, The EarthTONES).