From a media release:
NEW CBC SHOW SEARCHING FOR CANADIAN BUSINESSES IN NEED
- The Producers of Dragons’ Den are on the Hunt for Interested Canadian Companies
CBC announced today that the producers of Canada’s top-rated entertainment program, Dragons’ Den, are looking for struggling Canadian companies to participate in an exciting new business show. In this new series, some of the country’s top investors will spend their time and money to help these Canadian companies get back on their feet.
This new series will offer business owners a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity: the chance to meet a top-notch investor who could provide the boost that their companies need to survive – AND thrive. The experts are willing to fan out across the country, roll up their sleeves and help change the fortunes of good companies that have fallen on hard times.
To top it off, the selected businesses will receive invaluable exposure, with the opportunity to showcase their companies to a national television audience.
What kind of companies can apply?
- Must have been in operation for at least three to five years or more
- Gross revenue of $500,000 per year (average)
- More than five employees
- Privately held business, family business, partnerships, limited partnerships
- Must be willing to commit to being filmed on camera for up to a two-week period
- A business registered in Canada
- Fluent English speakers
What are the benefits of applying?
- Get FREE top-notch business consultation: marketing, sales, inventory, financing, staffing, etc.
- All experts will visit the businesses personally – no travel necessary
- It’s a chance to get an investment or loan to help the business when other sources have been exhausted
All interested applicants must apply by Aug. 12, 2011
To apply, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Please include your name, company name and contact information.