From a media release:
LAUREN and RODRIGO Say Goodbye as They’re Eliminated From CTV’s SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA
- Jean Marc Genereux, Tré Armstrong and Luther Brown are joined on the judging panel by Season 1 winner Nico Archambault July 25 and 26
- Toronto’s Sergio Trujillo to choreograph the Top 18 group number
Following the Top 20 Performance show, the votes were tallied and it was announced tonight on CTV that LAUREN Lyn (24), a Salsa dancer from Toronto, ON and RODRIGO Basurto (26), a Hip-Hop dancer from Toronto, ON would be saying goodbye to SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA. The results were revealed live during tonight’s broadcast after host Leah Miller revealed the three couples with the lowest number of votes. The 18 remaining dancers will take to the stage on Monday, July 25 at 8 p.m. ET on CTV (go to ctv.ca to confirm local listings).
The bottom three couples who performed their solos for Canada this week were CARLENA Britch (20), a Hip-Hop and Locking dancer from Vancouver, BC and Dwayne “BONELESS” Gulston (23), a Hip-Hop and Popping dancer from Toronto, ON who performed a Dancehall routine; DENITSA Ikonomova (24), a Ballroom dancer from Laval, QC and JP Dubé (19), a Hip-Hop dancer from Montreal, QC who danced a Jive routine; and LAUREN and RODRIGO who lit up the stage with a Hip-Hop routine. Following the reveal, each dancer had the opportunity to dance for their lives before the judges deliberated and decided that LAUREN and RODRIGO would be the next two dancers eliminated from the competition.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- The legacy of Denis McGrath - March 24, 2017
- Crash Gallery returns for a colourful, chaotic second season - February 5, 2017
- Myth or Science: The Secrets of our Senses comes to The Nature of Things - January 18, 2017