From a media release:
CBCâ€™S DRAGONSâ€™ DEN ROARS INTO ITS SIXTH SEASON WITH FIERY NEW INVESTOR BRUCE CROXON
- The Internet Mogul debuts as the newest member of DRAGONSâ€™ DEN on September 14 at 8 p.m.
DRAGONSâ€™ DEN, Canadaâ€™s highest-rated entertainment program, returns to CBC Television on Wednesday, September 14 at 8 p.m. (8:30 NT) with a brand new Dragon ready to scorch â€“ or support â€“ the countryâ€™s newest crop of would-be entrepreneurs.
Best known as co-founder of the wildly successful Internet dating website Lavalife, Bruce Croxon remains an active investor in new digital ventures as well as owning Vida, a chain of high-end holistic health and wellness spas on the West Coast of Canada.
In the sixth season, five Dragons are ready to make or break the dreams of aspiring entrepreneurs:
- Bruce Croxon, Internet Mogul â€“ Croxon is an active investor, advisor and start-up specialist who made his mark as the co-founder of Lavalife, the hugely successful online dating service.
- Arlene Dickinson, Marketing Maven â€“ Dickinson is one of Canada’s most renowned independent communications entrepreneurs and CEO of marketing firm Venture Communications, a creative powerhouse with a blue-chip client list.
- Robert Herjavec, Technology Titan â€“ Head of leading IT firm The Herjavec Group, Herjavec emigrated from Croatia and is living the classic â€˜rags-to-richesâ€™ story after selling his companies to make a fortune.
- Kevin Oâ€™Leary, Investment Guru â€“The Bay Street Bigmouth and co-host of CBC News Networkâ€™s LANG & Oâ€™LEARY EXCHANGE started his fortune selling educational software, and now manages Oâ€™Leary Funds, his own mutual-fund company.
- Jim Treliving, Franchise Baron â€“ This former RCMP officer, with 40 years of franchising experience helming companies such as Boston Pizza and Mr. Lube, also manages a portfolio of multi-million-dollar real-estate investments.
DRAGONSâ€™ DEN is the top-rated Canadian entertainment program on television, and two-time Gemini Award winner for Best Reality Program, with more than 1.5 million Canadians tuning in each week. In addition to its success on air, DRAGONSâ€™ DEN is also a hit online, boasting an active and engaged online community. Full episodes and exclusive behind-the-scenes content can be viewed at cbc.ca/dragonsden. DRAGONSâ€™ DEN is filmed at the Canadian Broadcasting Centre in Toronto, ON and airs Wednesdays at 8 p.m. (8:30 NT) on CBC Television. Tracie Tighe is Executive Producer and Lisa Gabriele is Senior Producer. Dianne Buckner hosts.