From a media release:
CBCâ€™S DRAGONSâ€™ DEN ROARS INTO ITS SIXTH SEASON WITH FIERY NEW INVESTOR BRUCE CROXON
- The Internet Mogul debuts as the newest member of DRAGONSâ€™ DEN on September 14 at 8 p.m.
DRAGONSâ€™ DEN, Canadaâ€™s highest-rated entertainment program, returns to CBC Television on Wednesday, September 14 at 8 p.m. (8:30 NT) with a brand new Dragon ready to scorch â€“ or support â€“ the countryâ€™s newest crop of would-be entrepreneurs.
Best known as co-founder of the wildly successful Internet dating website Lavalife, Bruce Croxon remains an active investor in new digital ventures as well as owning Vida, a chain of high-end holistic health and wellness spas on the West Coast of Canada.
In the sixth season, five Dragons are ready to make or break the dreams of aspiring entrepreneurs:
- Bruce Croxon, Internet Mogul â€“ Croxon is an active investor, advisor and start-up specialist who made his mark as the co-founder of Lavalife, the hugely successful online dating service.
- Arlene Dickinson, Marketing Maven â€“ Dickinson is one of Canada’s most renowned independent communications entrepreneurs and CEO of marketing firm Venture Communications, a creative powerhouse with a blue-chip client list.
- Robert Herjavec, Technology Titan â€“ Head of leading IT firm The Herjavec Group, Herjavec emigrated from Croatia and is living the classic â€˜rags-to-richesâ€™ story after selling his companies to make a fortune.
- Kevin Oâ€™Leary, Investment Guru â€“The Bay Street Bigmouth and co-host of CBC News Networkâ€™s LANG & Oâ€™LEARY EXCHANGE started his fortune selling educational software, and now manages Oâ€™Leary Funds, his own mutual-fund company.
- Jim Treliving, Franchise Baron â€“ This former RCMP officer, with 40 years of franchising experience helming companies such as Boston Pizza and Mr. Lube, also manages a portfolio of multi-million-dollar real-estate investments.
DRAGONSâ€™ DEN is the top-rated Canadian entertainment program on television, and two-time Gemini Award winner for Best Reality Program, with more than 1.5 million Canadians tuning in each week. In addition to its success on air, DRAGONSâ€™ DEN is also a hit online, boasting an active and engaged online community. Full episodes and exclusive behind-the-scenes content can be viewed at cbc.ca/dragonsden. DRAGONSâ€™ DEN is filmed at the Canadian Broadcasting Centre in Toronto, ON and airs Wednesdays at 8 p.m. (8:30 NT) on CBC Television. Tracie Tighe is Executive Producer and Lisa Gabriele is Senior Producer. Dianne Buckner hosts.
One thought on “Dragons’ Den premieres September 14 with new dragon”
The first two or three seasons of this show were good, then it went down the crapper after that. I hate, HATE the way CBC produces this show….it’s just awful.
Watch the UK Dragons’ Den and you’ll immediately see how much better it is than the Canadian version.
Comments are closed.