From a media release:
Hook-ups, Hang-ups and Call-backs: Sexy New Original Drama THE L.A. COMPLEX Lands Special Simulcast Premiere on MuchMusic and CTV Jan. 10
- Series continues Tuesdays at 9 p.m. ET exclusively on Much â€“
- Previously known as HIGHLAND GARDENS, new Canadian series stars Jonathan Patrick Moore, Joe Dinicol, Andra Fuller, Chelan Simmons, Cassie Steele, Benjamin Charles Watson and Jewel Staite
New episodes available on demand following their television broadcast on muchmusic.com
As pilot season kicks off in Hollywood, Bell Media announced today it will cast MuchMusicâ€™s hot, new original scripted series THE L.A. COMPLEX in a special, super-simulcast premiere event on CTV and MuchMusic, Tuesday, Jan. 10 at 9 p.m. ET/PT (8 p.m. CT, 10 p.m. MT/AT). Previously known as HIGHLAND GARDENS, the first episode of this sexy six-part, hour-long drama debuts on CTV and MuchMusic before settling into its regular time slot of Tuesdays at 9 p.m. ET, exclusively on Much, beginning Jan. 17. Produced by EmmyÂ®-nominated Epitome Pictures (DEGRASSI) and executive produced, written, and directed by Martin Gero (HBOâ€™s BORED TO DEATH, Young People F*cking), THE L.A. COMPLEX is a no-holds-barred, character-driven relationship drama that follows the exploits of six attractive, young hopefuls in search of stardom in Hollywood. Shot in Toronto and Hollywood, THE L.A. COMPLEX is available on demand the day following broadcast, exclusively on muchmusic.com.
Full of new relationships, salacious temptations and make-it-or-break it decisions, THE L.A. COMPLEXâ€™s coming-of-age dwellers grapple with lifeâ€™s defining moments as they deal with the unreality of the show-biz industry. In the series premiere â€œDown in L.A.â€ (Tuesday, Jan. 10 at 9 p.m. ET), after getting evicted and finding herself broke and desperate, Abby (Cassie Steele) finds a place to crash at â€œThe Luxâ€ motel in Los Angeles. There, she meets a group of like-minded, displaced dreamers. After a series of missed opportunities, mishaps, and a broken-down vehicle, Abby starts to wonder if itâ€™s time to go back to Toronto and give up her dreams, or if tomorrow will be her day?
â€œThe compelling story of aspiring performers migrating to Hollywood to pursue their dreams is a story that resonates with every young generation,â€ said Neil Staite, VP and General Manager, Music and Entertainment, Bell Media. â€œTHE L.A. COMPLEX is a perfect series for MuchMusic, as its audience will not only connect with Martinâ€™s strong and often provocative storylines, but also relate to the complex and engaging characters, fighting to achieve acceptance and stardom.â€
â€œBell Media has really encouraged us to push the envelope of what kind of stories you can tell on TV,â€ says Executive Producer Martin Gero. â€œWe’re thrilled with the outcome of the first season and are excited we’ve been given a chance to tell such a rich and diverse character drama.â€
â€œThe opportunity to explore this unique Canadian experience in L.A. has been so refreshing,â€ said Linda Schuyler, Executive Producer and CEO of Epitome Pictures Inc. â€œFrom day one, we have been working with our partners at Bell Media to create an exciting new Canadian drama, and we know that they share our pride and excitement for the premiere.â€
THE L.A. COMPLEX stars:
- Jonathan Patrick Moore (Neighbours, All Saints) as Connor, a break-out Australian with drop-dead good looks and a dark past;
- Canadian, Joe Dinicol (MURDOCH MYSTERIES, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World) as â€œnice-guyâ€ Nick, a struggling stand-up comedian from Edmonton who is always the best friend and never the boyfriend;
- Andra Fuller (The Secret Life of the American Teenager, Entourage) as Kaldrick, the extremely successful Hip-Hop artist hailing from the streets of Oakland, California;
- Canadian, Chelan Simmons (SMALLVILLE, SUPERNATURAL, KYLE XY) as Alicia, a sensitive, aspiring dancer from Regina who will do whatever it takes to make ends meet;
- Canadian, Cassie Steele (DEGRASSI, RELIC HUNTER) as Abby, the naÃ¯ve Toronto actor who is ready to fight to get to the top
- Canadian, Benjamin Charles Watson (Todd and the Book of PURE Evil, The Listener) as Tariq, the confident and talented Montreal hip-hop artist with a secret of his own
- Canadian, Jewel Staite (FLASH FORWARD, STARGATE ATLANTIS) as the street-smart Haligonian Raquel, whoâ€™s frightened of becoming yesterdayâ€™s news.
Series guest stars include comedians Mary Lynn Rajskub (24, Julie & Julia) and Paul F. Tompkins (UP ALL NIGHT, Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy), as well as Ennis Esmer (THE LISTENER, WIPE OUT CANADA) and Aaron Abrams (ROOKIE BLUE, SLINGS AND ARROWS).
THE L.A. COMPLEX is executive produced by Linda Schuyler and Stephen Stohn of Epitome Pictures (DEGRASSI, INSTANT STAR) and Martin Gero. Directors are Martin Gero and Stefan Brogren. Writers are Martin Gero, Aaron Abrams, Matt Huether, Cole Bastedo, Karen Hill and Brendan Gall. Trish Williams is Production Executive for MuchMusic and Bell Media. Corrie Coe is SVP, Independent Production, Bell Media. Phil King is President, CTV Programming and Sports.
One thought on “The LA Complex premieres January 10 on MuchMusic and CTV”
Good Luck to all, especially Brendan Gall, writer. Your Mom told us to watch.
Comments are closed.