From a media release:
W Network Premieres Undercover Boss Canada, the First Canadian Edition of the Hit International Series
- Executives from Companies including Molson Coors Canada, Toronto Transit Commission, Pizza Pizza and The Toronto Zoo hit the frontlines
- Series premieres on Thursday, February 2 at 9 p.m. ET/PT
This February, Corus Entertainment’s W Network presents the premiere of the anticipated new series from Alliance Films, Undercover Boss Canada (10 x 60) which follows 10 executives as they leave the comfort of their offices to go undercover as entry-level employees in their own companies. Produced in association with W Network, Undercover Boss Canada premieres Thursday, February 2 at 9 p.m. ET/PT.
With an equal representation of both male and female executives from some of Canada’s biggest corporations, the series follows the “undercover bosses” as they stealthily join the ranks of their own unsuspecting workforce. From Molson Coors Canada and Pizza Pizza to the Toronto Transit Commission and FedEx Express Canada, each episode features an executive who is transformed into a frontline worker with a covert disguise and a back story. Working alongside their employees, each “boss” takes an often emotional journey, discovering the effects their decisions have on others, the perception of the company, and who the unsung heroes of their workforce are. Most importantly, they learn how to apply what they have gained from the experience – both for their company and for themselves.
Below is a list of eight of the companies and executives participating in the series this season. Two additional companies will be announced at a later date.
- The Toronto Zoo – CEO John Tracogna goes undercover at Canada’s largest zoo to get up close and personal with endangered wildlife and the people that keep the organization running.
- Pizza Pizza – CEO Paul Goddard goes undercover in the nation’s number one pizza mega brand, and learns that making dough and delivering pizza serves up some challenges he never imagined.
- 1-800-GOT-JUNK? – Founder and CEO Brian Scudamore goes undercover as a driver and junk collector, hauling loads of unwanted clutter in the world’s largest junk removal franchise, and comes out collecting something much more valuable.
- Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) – City Councillor and TTC Chair Karen Stintz goes undercover inside the country’s largest mass transit system to get her hands dirty with some of the toughest and grittiest jobs.
- Molson Coors Canada – With CEO Dave Perkins being too recognizable for the job, Chief Legal Officer Kelly Brown steps in to see what’s brewing and gets down to the basics of beer production in Canada’s oldest and most famous brewery.
- Second Cup – Stacey Mowbray, CEO of Canada’s largest specialty coffee company goes undercover and gets into the grind serving lattes to get an edge on customer service and revive her connection with frontline workers.
- Cineplex Entertainment – CEO Ellis Jacob goes undercover doling out snacks and tickets while assessing how to enhance the moviegoer experience within Canada’s largest motion picture exhibitor across the board.
- FedEx Express Canada – Lisa Lisson, the first female president of FedEx Express Canada, goes undercover to find out if her employees have the right resources to provide exceptional service in the fiercely competitive courier industry.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- The legacy of Denis McGrath - March 24, 2017
- Crash Gallery returns for a colourful, chaotic second season - February 5, 2017
- Myth or Science: The Secrets of our Senses comes to The Nature of Things - January 18, 2017