From a media release:
DAVID CHILTON BRINGS HIS OWN BRAND OF FIRE AS THE NEWEST DRAGON IN THE DEN
- Author of best-selling personal finance books joins CBC-TVâ€™s DRAGONSâ€™ DEN March 20, 2012
The man behind The Wealthy Barber is the newest member of CBC-TVâ€™s DRAGONSâ€™ DEN. David Chilton, author and publisher of the multi-million selling Wealthy Barber series of personal finance books, will put his common sense approach to work judging and investing in new business proposals from Canadian entrepreneurs seeking help from the Dragons.
â€œDavid Chilton embodies Canadian entrepreneurial success, and through his terrific books he has shared his financial advice for the benefit of everyone,â€ said Julie Bristow, executive director of studio and unscripted programming. â€œWe canâ€™t wait to hear the insights he offers to those entering the DRAGONSâ€™ DEN this season.â€
The seventh season of DRAGONSâ€™ DEN begins September 2012. Chilton will join the well-loved â€“ and feared â€“ returning Dragons:
- Bruce Croxon, Internet Mogul â€“ No longer the newest Dragon to enter the Den, Croxon is an active investor, advisor and start-up champ who co-founded one of the best-known online dating websites in the world, Lavalife.
- Arlene Dickinson, Marketing Maven â€“ CEO of creative marketing firm Venture Communications Ltd., Dickinson is an award-winning executive.
- Kevin Oâ€™Leary, Investment Guru â€“ Bay Street bigmouth and host of REDEMPTION INC., Oâ€™Leary started his fortune selling educational software, and now manages Oâ€™Leary Funds, his own mutual fund company.
- Jim Treliving, Franchise Baron â€“ This former RCMP officer has 40 years of franchising experience with both Boston Pizza and Mr. Lube, also manages a portfolio of multi-million dollar property, sports and real-estate investments.