From a media release:
Ken Finkleman Takes a Sharply Satirical Look at Right-Wing News in the Movie Central and The Movie Network Original Series, Good God
- Ken Finkleman returns as news producer George Findlay
- Ensemble cast includes The Daily Show’s Samantha Bee and Lolita Davidovich
- Premieres Monday, April 9 at 8:30 p.m. PT/ 9:30 p.m. ET on Movie Central and The Movie Network
Corus Entertainment’s Movie Central (Western Canada) and Astral ‘s The Movie Network (Eastern Canada) present Good God, a timely new 10-part, half-hour comedy series from Emmy®-winning writer and producer Ken Finkleman (The Newsroom; Good Dog). In Good God, boorish TV producer George Findlay finds himself at the helm of a newsroom once again, only this time at a right-wing news network. George must navigate a minefield of lawsuits, political kowtowing and all-round ass-kissing in an attempt to make the fundamentalist-leaning TV station fundamental to viewers when Good God premieres Monday, April 9 at 8:30 p.m. PT/9:30 ET on Movie Central and The Movie Network.
“The struggle for truth through the celebration of ignorance continues,” said Finkleman of the new series.
Good God finds narcissistic and thin-skinned George Findlay once again at a cross roads in his life after he reconnects with old fling Virginia Hailwood (Lolita Davidovich), the socialite daughter of a very wealthy – and very conservative media baron. When presented with a challenging new opportunity from Virginia’s father, George agrees to head up Right News, the soon-to-launch Canadian arm of an American right-wing TV news network. Fixated on the perks, including a personal executive bathroom, George must deal with a dysfunctional newsroom team including Shandy Sommers (Samantha Bee), a devoutly Christian morning show host. Good God also stars Jason Weinberg, John Ralston, Jud Tylor and Doug Murray.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- The legacy of Denis McGrath - Mar 24, 2017
- Crash Gallery returns for a colourful, chaotic second season - Feb 5, 2017
- Myth or Science: The Secrets of our Senses comes to The Nature of Things - Jan 18, 2017