On Sunday, April 1, Canadians can join in the JUNO AWARDS Live Chat on Facebook.com/CTV, at JUNOS.CTV.CA or on the CTV iPad App Social Screen to mingle with Bell Media Radio personalities from across the country live during the show.
More on the show from a media release;
Simple Plan Announced as Final Performer for THE 2012 JUNO AWARDS
- Broadcast Details Announced for Canadian Music’s Biggest Night, April 1 on CTV
- Bell Media to present 9 encore broadcasts of Canada’s Music Awards
- Fans can cast their vote in the JUNOS Fantasy Poll on CTV Television Facebook Page
CTV and The Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (CARAS) have confirmed 2012 Allan Waters Humanitarian Award recipient Simple Plan as the final performer on THE 2012 JUNO AWARDS. CTV also revealed today broadcast details for the Sunday, April 1 JUNO AWARDS broadcast across the country, including nine encore broadcasts.
Simple Plan has been nominated for eight JUNO Awards over the band’s 10-year career, and won the JUNO Fan Choice Award in 2006. The band joins already announced performers Blue Rodeo, City and Colour, deadmau5, Feist, Hedley, Hey Rosetta!, Nickelback and live ‘mixed tape’ performance of the top dance hits of this year, featuring Alyssa Reid, Anjulie, Dragonette, JRDN, and Mia Martina. Simple Plan will receive the 2012 Allan Waters Humanitarian Award at the JUNO Gala Dinner & Awards on Saturday March 30, 2012.
Hosted by legendary Canadian William Shatner, Canada’s preeminent awards broadcast airs from Scotiabank Place in Ottawa LIVE in Ontario, Québec and Atlantic Canada at 8 p.m. ET/9 p.m. AT; at 8 p.m. in British Columbia, Saskatchewan and Manitoba; and at 9 p.m. in Alberta (full listing of broadcast times below).
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- The legacy of Denis McGrath - March 24, 2017
- Crash Gallery returns for a colourful, chaotic second season - February 5, 2017
- Myth or Science: The Secrets of our Senses comes to The Nature of Things - January 18, 2017