From a media release:
DRAGONSâ€™ DEN BLAZES INTO A NEW SEASON WITH A BRAND NEW DEN
- A new season of Dragonsâ€™ Den premieres on CBC Television on Wednesday, October 2 at 8 p.m. (8:30 NT)
DRAGONSâ€™ DEN returns on Wednesday, October 2 at 8 p.m. (8:30 NT) with 20 all-new, exciting episodes. A whole new crop of aspiring Canadian entrepreneurs lay it all on the line in front of five intimidating, multi-millionaire venture capitalists. The Dragons each have individual strengths, expertise, knowledge and connections necessary to turn great ideas into unimaginable fortunes.
The season premiere reveals a brand new Den, which is bigger, bolder and more ominous than ever before. Entering the Den this season are entrepreneurs from big cities like Vancouver and Montreal, and small towns like Carcross, Yukon and Salt Spring Island, BC as well as everywhere in between. Viewers will get a chance to see the Dragons take on sideshow entertainers, seasoned food manufacturers, and even brave board game enthusiasts.
This season features five special episodes, including a fan-favourite Student Special, a Holiday Special, a Second Chance Show, an Update Special, and an all-new Canadian-themed episode, Only in Canada, showcasing products that could only have been conjured by Canucks.
The five well-loved â€“ and feared â€“ Dragons in the Den this season are:
David Chilton, publishing powerhouse â€“ Chilton is a former stock broker and author of the personal finance book The Wealthy Barber, ranked as Canadaâ€™s all-time best-selling book, having reached 10 per cent of Canadian households. Heâ€™s also had incredible success as publisher and president of a series of low-fat cookbooks under the Looneyspoons brand.
- Bruce Croxon, internet mogul â€“ Croxon is an active investor with his company Round 13 Capital, advisor and start-up champ who co-founded one of the best-known online dating websites in the world, Lavalife.
- Arlene Dickinson, marketing maven â€“ One of Canada’s most renowned independent communications entrepreneurs and sought after speakers, Dickinson is CEO of marketing firm Venture Communications, a creative powerhouse with a blue-chip client list. Arlene recently founded an online network exclusively for entrepreneurs, called YouInc.com.
- Kevin Oâ€™Leary, investment guru â€“ The Bay Street Bigmouth and television pundit started his fortune selling educational software and is now Chairman of Oâ€™Leary Funds, his own mutual-fund company and also helms Oâ€™Leary Mortgages.
- Jim Treliving, franchise baron â€“ This former RCMP officer has 40 years of franchising experience with both Boston Pizza and Mr. Lube. He also manages a portfolio of multi-million dollar sports and real-estate investments.
DRAGONSâ€™ DEN is the highest-rated Canadian unscripted program on during the regular television season, with an average audience of more than 1.2 million Canadians each week. In addition to its success on-air, DRAGONSâ€™ DEN is also a hit online, boasting an active and engaged online community averaging more than 650,000 page views per month. Full episodes and exclusive behind-the-scenes content can be viewed at cbc.ca/dragonsden. DRAGONSâ€™ DEN is filmed at CBC Headquarters in Toronto, ON and airs Wednesdays at 8 p.m. (8:30 NT) and Sundays at 9 p.m. (9:30 NT) on CBC Television. Tracie Tighe is executive producer and Molly Middleton is senior producer. Dianne Buckner hosts.