From a media release:
– Buzzworthy film gives fans a closer look at the alleged drama behind-the-scenes of the classic teen sitcom –
– Canadian and former DEGRASSI star Dylan Everett portrays SAVED BY THE BELL lead Mark-Paul Gosselaar –
– Leading into the film’s premiere, fans can catch up on their favourite episodes of SAVED BY THE BELL with the five-hour M3 Labour Day marathon, THE BEST OF THE BELL –
The year was 1989. Slater’s acid-washed jeans were a fashion must-have, everyone wanted Zack’s over-sized brick phone, and Jessie’s momentary caffeine pill addiction was the talk of the water cooler. SAVED BY THE BELL, a pillar of 90s pop culture, was required watching for those growing up in that decade, and continues to be referenced today. Now, to mark the series’ 25th anniversary, M3 delivers all the behind-the-scenes drama of the teen sitcom with the exclusive premiere of THE UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY, Monday, Sept. 1 at 9 p.m. ET. With U.S. Casting by Robin Lippin, the original casting director of SAVED BY THE BELL, the film stars Dylan Everett (DEGRASSI) as Mark-Paul Gosselaar, a.k.a. “Zack”, Sam Kindseth (SHAMELESS) as Dustin Diamond, a.k.a. “Screech”, Julian Works (Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones) as Mario Lopez, a.k.a. “Slater”, Tiera Skovbye (SUPERNATURAL) as Elizabeth Berkley, a.k.a. “Jessie”, Taylor Russell McKenzie (Blink) as Lark Voorhies, a.k.a. “Lisa”, and newcomer Alyssa Lynch as Tiffani-Amber Thiessen, a.k.a. “Kelly”.
The film tracks the unauthorized story of the off-camera lives of SAVED BY THE BELL’s stars, exploring the challenges and long-rumoured rifts cast members faced, as they juggled trying to maintain a wholesome image with growing up in front of the camera. THE UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY dramatizes the alleged behind-the-scenes troubles that took place during the show’s initial run between 1989 and 1993. From promiscuity, to fights and drug use, no topic is off limits in the two-hour TV event.
Preceding THE UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY, M3 gives viewers a chance to catch up on classic episodes of SAVED BY THE BELL in a five-hour marathon, THE BEST OF THE BELL, Monday, Sept. 1 beginning at 4 p.m. ET. The mega-marathon features fan favourite episodes including “No Hope with Dope” about the gang’s first exposure to drugs, “Last Dance” when Kelly begins to fall for her boss, and “Rockumentary”, when Zack Attack, the gang’s band, gets a push from Casey Kasem.
Latest posts by Greg David (see all)
- Link: Actress Abigail Winter chats with us about the hit show “Mary Kills People” and her projects - January 20, 2018
- Link: Canadian linguistic delight ‘Letterkenny’ may be the best comedy on TV right now - January 20, 2018
- Link: Anna Paquin: It was tough to be a ‘semi-perky mommy’ while working on ‘Bellevue’ - January 19, 2018