From a media release:
– Cobie Smulders & Paul Campbell partner on Beyond Repair –
– Stand-up comedian Darcy Michael pens series based on his life in Darcy –
Project 10 has inked development deals for two comedies at Bell Media, Andrew Barnsley (Schitt’s Creek) announced today. Creators Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother; Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.; Results; The Avengers) and Paul Campbell (Spun Out; Battlestar Galactica) are developing Beyond Repair while stand-up comedian Darcy Michael (Spun Out) and Carl Johann are collaborating on the family sitcom Darcy. Project 10 is currently looking for U.S. and international partners for both series.
Beyond Repair, a single camera comedy, tells the heartwarming and hilarious story of Nick Barrett, a charming and handsome but out-of-work actor, and Kevin, the son Nick never knew he had. When Kevin shows up on Nick’s doorstep in need of a place to live, perpetual man-child Nick must accept a position as the superintendent of the apartment building his father owns to make ends meet. Faced with “parenting” his nerdy, virgin son, Nick finally starts to grow up. In addition to co-writing the series, Paul Campbell is attached to play the role of Nick.
Darcy is a multi-cam family sitcom that follows two working class dads as they struggle with marriage, children, and money problems. Based on the sidesplitting stand up comedy and real life of comedian Darcy Michael, the series centres on the Mason Family – husbands Darcy and Jeremy, their 15 year-old daughter Grace, six year-old son Bruno, and their extended (sometimes uninvited) family Jane and Carl. Michael is attached to play the lead.
Latest posts by Greg David (see all)
- Production Begins on Season 2 of Global’s Critically-Acclaimed Mini-Series Mary Kills People - August 21, 2017
- Bell Media Licenses Its Original TV Series Format Just Like Mom; plus casting details - August 21, 2017
- Link: Cancon television regulations need updating in the age of streaming - August 19, 2017