From a media release:
– WIFT-T partners with BravoFACT to award a total of $70,000 for the first and second place winners of female-led short film pitch contest –
–Year of the Female Filmmaker initiative sees 50% of allocated BravoFACT funds awarded to female-led projects, more than 1.2 million rewarded to date –
- A pitch coaching session led by an industry professional to help fine tune pitches
- Four tickets to the 2016 WIFT-T Showcase
- An opportunity to showcase their project in front of a high-profile jury comprised of BravoFACT professionals and industry experts
The six teams selected will present to an audience comprised of WIFT-T members, industry professionals, and content creators, affording all presenters excellent exposure for their projects, regardless of the outcome. Aside from the cash awards, the first place team receives two, $500 WIFT-T programming passes that can be put toward the fee of any one of WIFT-T’s paid programs. The second placed team receives onstage recognition at the 2016 WIFT-T Showcase in March. Deadline to submit is Friday, Jan. 8, 2016. Interested teams can download a BravoFACT application form at www.bravofact.com.
Since its launch in January 2015, BravoFACT’s Year of the Female Filmmaker initiative has been providing support to up-and-coming female filmmakers across the country by committing a guaranteed minimum of 50% of its funds, in perpetuity, to female-led projects. To date, BravoFACT has awarded a total of $1,255,044 million to female-led projects, and Women in Film & Television-ATLANTIC (WIFT-ATLANTIC), Documentary Organization of Canada (DOC), HOT DOCS and Victoria Film Festival, to continue to offer young filmmakers support and funding for their projects. BravoFACT has also welcomed high-profile female guest jurors to its quarterly juries including actor and filmmaker Amy Jo Johnson, actor Natalie Brown, and Hot Docs programmer Angie Driscoll.
Latest posts by Greg David (see all)
- Preview: Murdoch Mysteries takes a Wright turn into Season 12 - September 20, 2018
- Ryan Tedder, Sarah McLachlan, and Arkells’ Max Kerman confirmed as initial celebrity mentors for Season 2 of CTV’s The Launch - September 20, 2018
- Link: Aaron Ashmore talks Johnny’s journey and future on Killjoys - September 19, 2018