From a media release:
Building on the legacy of the Television Bureau of Canada (TVB), thinktv launches today as the organization’s new brand identity reflecting its ongoing evolution, as well as its vision for the future. The distinctive new name and logo speak to the energy and passion the organization brings to its mission – to help advertisers and agencies get the best out of the amazing medium that is television.
thinktv is dedicated to promoting the benefits of television advertising to the marketing community and helping them use the power of television to drive business results. As a resource for advertisers and agencies, thinktv will provide a broad spectrum of services to the marketing community including education, thought-provoking and leading-edge research, as well as tangible insights on collected and curated data.
Television’s effectiveness is unrivalled. It is both the most effective and efficient way to drive business results for brands and the most impactful way to reach consumers:
- Last week, more than 34 million Canadians watched TV
- Commercial TV reaches 98% of the Canadian population each week, and 96% of millennials
- On average, adults watch 28 hours of TV a week*; this compares to an average of 1.5 hours of YouTube and only 36 minutes of Netflix per week**
- TV trumps social media: Canadian adults spend a fraction of time with social media compared to television – 4 hours per week with Facebook, Twitter and Instagram combined,** compared to the 28 hours with TV.
thinktv’s brand identity is a vibrant new take on the prior name and logo, which represented the company since its inception in 1961. The launch of the new logo and brand identity was developed in collaboration with Frontier, a creative exploration company known for its design driven ideas and idea driven design.
Latest posts by Greg David (see all)
- Iron Chef Canada reigns supreme on October 17 - September 18, 2018
- Mighty Trains returns for a worldwide journey aboard the world’s most famous railways, Oct. 14 - September 18, 2018
- Preview: CBC’s excellent The Detectives recalls more crimes from Canada’s past - September 18, 2018