From John Doyle of The Globe and Mail:
The top 10 most irritating Canadians of 2015 (TV-related)
The matter of determining the top most-irritating Canadians on TV and in the TV-related arena is vital. At this most auspicious time of the year, we are often given to declaring, â€œEnough already!â€ And we are entitled. Irritation flares up often when you watch TV and we all watch TV.
The year 2015 has been astounding. When it opened, Our Glorious Leader (OGL) was hard-nosing his way as usual. As it ends, we live in a magic kingdom, ruled by Justin the Good (JtG), who sprinkles goodness like fairy dust.
In compiling this list, my fellow Canadians, your many e-mails of snark and dissatisfaction have been taken into account. Please note, however, that each year brings a new batch of those who take the cake. Continue reading.
2 thoughts on “Link: The top 10 most irritating Canadians of 2015 (TV-related)”
Why does John Doyle always have to focus on the negative? Why didn’t he count down the top 10 Canadian people or institutions that did great things in Canadian TV? Here is a list that I can come up with off the top of my head:
1. Murdoch Mysteries for surviving and becoming a cult-like show.
2. CBC for continuing to survive the tax cuts and still delivering quality shows like This Life and X Company.
3. Bell Media (yes Bell Media) for at least trying to offer some sort of Canadian content. Out of all of the private companies, Bell offers at least one Can Con program every season.
4. The creators and cast of Sunnyside on City TV. One very funny show. Give it a chance to survive.
5. The Marilyn Denis show for not trying to disguise itself as an American show. Any show that doesn’t try to disguise itself as an American show.
6. The Degrassi franchise (although I haven’t seen it in years) for constantly reinventing itself and living so long.
7. The new Dragons on Dragon’s Den. They have reinvigorated that show.
8. The cast and writers of 22 Minutes. It seems funnier this season. The Christmas episode was great!
9. Every actor doing corny commercials trying to make a living as an actor in Canada. It ain’t easy.
10. TV, eh? for giving Canadians a place to go to see what’s new in Can Con.
Interesting list. By another Denis. Who is not me. Really.
Just saying that — the above is not me.
I have laid down my weapons. I am Switzerland. Peace and love peace and love peace and…
Comments are closed.