From a media release:
The knives are sharpened, the competition is cutthroat and the country’s top culinary title is within reach – but only one will walk away as Canada’s Top Chef. Food Network Canada’s esteemed culinary competition Top Chef Canada (8×60) returns for its sixth high-stakes season on Sunday, April 8 at 10 p.m. ET/PT.
A new lineup of 11 extraordinary chefs battle it out for the coveted title and grand prize of $100,000 courtesy of Interac, a luxurious Monogram kitchen valued at $25,000 and $5,000 worth of Cuisinart® products. Spanning from coast to coast, these professional chefs represent the next generation of Canada’s culinary elite and now it’s their time to showcase their creativity and culinary prowess to impress the judges’ table. The expert panel returning this year includes Le Cordon Bleu-trained chef and television personality Eden Grinshpan as host, head judge chef Mark McEwan and resident judges: powerhouse restaurateur Janet Zuccarini, food blogger Mijune Pak and renowned food journalist and critic Chris Nuttall-Smith.
Following a nation-wide search, the competitors vying for the sought-after title of Canada’s Top Chef are:
- Nathan Guggenheimer, 35 – Saskatoon, Sask.
- Elia Herrera, 37 – Toronto, Ont.
- Ross Larkin, 31 – St. John’s, N.L.
- Jinhee Lee, 38 – Calgary, Alta.
- JP Miron, 30 – Montreal, Que.
- Ivana Raca, 33 – Toronto, Ont.
- Darren Rogers, 27 – Montreal, Que.
- Mark Singson, 29 – Vancouver, B.C.
- Matt Sullivan, 34 – Toronto, Ont.
- Felix Zhou, 29 – Coquitlam, B.C.
- Jesse Zuber, 29 – Saskatoon, Sask.
In each episode, the chefs will compete in demanding Quickfire and Elimination Challenges that push their skills to new limits. Serving their dishes weekly to the resident judging panel, they will also need to win over the palates of celebrated guest judges featured throughout the series. This season, guest judges include chef-owners of some of Toronto’s best-known restaurants, such as Lynn Crawford (Ruby Watchco), Susur Lee (Fring’s, Lee), Rob Gentile (Buca, Bar Buca) and Alexandra Feswick (Drake Devonshire). Top Chef Canada alum returning as guest judges include Steve Gonzales of Baro, Dustin Gallagher of 416 Snack Bar as well as Top Chef Canada: All-Stars winner, Nicole Gomes of Calgary’s Cluck ‘N’ Cleaver. Additionally, Evan Funke, L.A.-based chef and co-owner (with Janet Zuccarini) of the acclaimed Felix restaurant, and Danny Bowien, chef-owner of New York’s Mission Chinese Food, also join as guest judges.
Food Network Canada is available on a National Free Preview from March 1 to April 30. Please check local listings for additional details.
Top Chef Canada is the homegrown version of the hit Emmy Award-winning NBCUniversal Series Top Chef and is produced by Insight Production Company Ltd. in association with Food Network Canada.
Executive Producers are John Brunton and Mark Lysakowski, and Co-Executive Producer and Showrunner is Eric Abboud.
Latest posts by Greg David (see all)
- Murdoch Mysteries: Production designer Bob Sher reveals the on-location magic behind the show - November 19, 2018
- Preview: Frankie Drake Mysteries deals out drama - November 19, 2018
- Crave gifts viewers with a whole mess of Letterkenny including a Christmas special and all-new six-pack of episodes - November 16, 2018