From a media release:
CANADIANS CONSUMED BY BIG BROTHER CANADA
- Series Continues Breaking Records Across All Platforms
- One in Six Canadians Have Checked Out Big Brother Canada with over 2.7 Million Coming to it Weekly
- Fans Stream over 1,000,000 Hours of Video Online in Just Seven Weeks
Big Brother Canada premiered to record smashing numbers on February 27th on Slice and the fan favourite series continues to reach new heights, consistently achieving record high audiences on air and online. The recent Sunday, April 7th episode of Big Brother Canada drew in the seasonâ€™s highest audience to date with a 757.0 (V2+) and 476.3 (A25-54).
To date one in six Canadians have sampled Big Brother Canada with over 2.7 million coming to it weekly. On the nights it airs, Big Brother Canada consistently claims top spot over all entertainment specialty channels (A25-54, W25-54, W18-49). Each episode of the series is packed with dramatic twists, unique Canadian inspired challenges and themes, and more spicy â€˜showmancesâ€™ than could ever have been predicted. Viewers have become more connected with each passing week, cheering on houseguests from their own regions, gossiping over Emmett Blois and Jillian MacLaughlinâ€™s endearing romance and engaging with the beloved Marsha The Moose, who now has her own twitter account.
The â€˜fan-demoniumâ€™ doesnâ€™t end on air. The multiplatform series that enables fans to make weekly predictions for points on Head of Household and eviction nominations, eavesdrop on the houseguests through live feeds and vote to impact events in the house, draws massive engagement online at bigbrothercanada.ca. Over the last seven weeks, fans have streamed over 1,000,000 hours of video from live feeds. This is equivalent to one person streaming video content 24 hours a day for 114 years â€“ an entire life span! At the end of Sundayâ€™s episode Canadians were asked to vote for the jury member theyâ€™d most like to see return to the house. They accepted the invitation and votes came flooding in, totaling over 500,000 votes. Tune in Thursday night at 10pm ET/PT on Slice to find out who Canada voted back in to the house.
Big Brother Canadaâ€™s record breaking cross-platform success includes the following highlights:
- The three weekly prime time episodes of Big Brother Canada are three of the top six entertainment specialty programs this season (A25-54 and V2+)
- Since the launch of Big Brother Canada, Slice has improved its rank among Specialty channels, moving into the top 10 (#4 for W18-34, #7 for W18-49 and #7 for W25-54)
- Average audience has increased by 77% (A25-54) on Slice since the launch of Big Brother Canada
- Big Brother Canada is Shaw Mediaâ€™s number one Canadian reality series this broadcast year
- Number of page views to Slice.ca is up 621% year over year with an average of 2.5 million page views to Big Brother Canada content per week â€“ a record number across any Shaw Media site
- One of the most tweeted about topics in Canada, #BBCAN has been trending regularly on twitter over the last seven weeks
Big Brother Canada continues to air on Slice three nights a week on Wednesdays at 9pm ET/PT, Thursdays at 10pm ET/PT and Sundays at 9pm ET/PT, with eviction episodes on Thursdays. Find out this Thursday which jury member Canadians vote back into the house. Big Brother Canada After Dark airs on Slice seven days a week from 2am-5am ET/ 11pm-2am PT. Fans can eavesdrop on the houseguests all day via the live feeds at www.bigbrothercanada.ca.