From Alex Strachan of Canwest News Service:
- Adding insult to artistic injury, networks take a pass on Geminis
“Tonight offers a rare occasion to sing the praises of our nation’s culture. Canadian-born actor-turned-director Jason Priestley hosts the 23rd Annual Gemini Awards, TV’s answer to the Genies. This year, there were some 96 categories in all — but don’t worry, only 14 are being presented today.” Read more.
From Brian Gorman of Zap2It:
- Canadian TV awards a modest affair
“Canada’s Gemini Awards for the television industry have never been what you might call a high-profile event for the general public. This year, the people behind them are trying a new broadcast strategy, which you could call the preaching-to-the-converted approach.” Read more.
Diane is the founder of TV, eh? She loves books, movies, TV, science, space, traveling, theatre, art, cats, and drinking multiple beverages at the same time.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- Exhibitionists exposes arts programming to CBC - October 9, 2016
- The age of abundant consultation - October 5, 2016
- Chris Haddock finds the heart of The Romeo Section for Season 2 - October 5, 2016