Anthony and Diane start with a discussion on the importance of a good ending to a short series, starting with Rubicon (bad example) and Terriers (good example) then moving on to Intelligence (oh look, a Canadian example).
Netflix has more Canadian content … but it’s still pretty underwhelming.
We feel compelled to hate CTV’s new one-hour shows based on the breathless media release: “Please god don’t make them suck as badly as this press release makes them sound.” But Diane refuses to relinquish the dream that they might be good based on the creative talent behind them: “Don’t crush my dreams!” Oh and another Canadian cop show is being filmed for a potentially American audience.
Most asked question on TV,eh? – when will Murdoch Mysteries be back? Finally an answer: season 4 will premiere on March 16 on Citytv.
Anthony gets his rant on about 3D television, after the Hockey Night in Canada broadcast. Somehow it turns into a brief discussion about porn’s influence on our entertainment technology.
You wanted a top 10 list of the best Canadian TV? You get a top 3 (Diane) and top 5 (Anthony) list of shows we watch voluntarily and Diane gets her rant on about the whiny, PR-impaired Canadian television industry.
- Anthony Marco can be found at Dyscultured and lovehatethings, and on Twitter here and here.
- Diane Wild can be found here at TV, eh? and here on my personal blog, and on Twitter here and here.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- The legacy of Denis McGrath - March 24, 2017
- Crash Gallery returns for a colourful, chaotic second season - February 5, 2017
- Myth or Science: The Secrets of our Senses comes to The Nature of Things - January 18, 2017