One can’t help but be a little ashamed of the fact Canada’s Worst Driver is celebrating 10 seasons on the air. As much as I hate it when shows get cancelled, it would have been nice if Discovery had announced–after a couple of instalments–that no bad drivers could be found for Season 3 or beyond.
Alas, that isn’t the case. Andrew Younghusband, the overseer of the asphalt atrocities, returns to host the Monday night spectacle that once again welcomes eight new participants to the show’s top-secret driving academy where they are put through various challenges in an effort to not only entertain but educate bad drivers about how they can be more safe when behind the wheel. Along for the ride are Cam Woolley, traffic expert and former OPP sergeant; Philippe Létourneau, a professional high-performance driving instructor; expert driving instructor Tim Danter; and therapist Shyamala Kiru.
We asked Younghusband to give us his Top 10 tips–one for each season of the show–for being a safe driver.
￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼10. Never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever drive with a cell phone!
9. If you need to swerve in a car that doesn’t have ABS (anti-lock braking system), don’t hit the brake until after the swerve is done.
8. Get a car with ABS.
7. Get winter tires installed before the first freeze happens every year.
6. Learning to do donuts in a safe, private area will make you a better driver.
5. To reposition a car laterally, drive forward in an “S”, then reverse straight back.
4. Cam Wooley is damn cute.
3. Every Canadian province needs stricter testing with regards to how drivers get their licence.
2. Don’t look at an object you’re trying to avoid.
1. Look where you want to go.
Canada’s Worst Driver airs Mondays at 10 p.m. ET/PT on Discovery
Latest posts by Greg David (see all)
- Little Dog: Patricia Isaac discusses Dr. Vaani’s “sweet and honest” relationship with Tommy - March 21, 2018
- Detention Adventure brings action, adventure, science and fun to young viewers - March 21, 2018
- Murdoch Mysteries: Showrunner Peter Mitchell, writer Mary Pedersen and Hélène Joy tease Season 12 - March 19, 2018