The third series in the Great Canadian TV Playoff is complete and Due South edged out The Kids in the Hall for favourite show of the 1990s.
Now it’s time for the final decade: the 2000s.
Unlike the Stanley Cup playoffs, TV, Eh’s Great Canadian TV Playoff boasts solely homegrown head-to-head matchups of television shows. Through the rest of the month, we’ll pit eight television shows (just like the NHL) from the 1970s, 80s, 90s and 2000s against one another until the final showdown to name the top Canadian TV series of all time on May 29.
Cast your vote now and spread the word — the winner of the 70s and the 80s battle it out head to head starting on Monday!
[A quick note to Murdoch Mysteries fans: your favourite bowed in 2008 and still continues, so it fits in the 2010s bracket.]
What is your favourite Canadian television series of the 2000s?
- Durham County (51%, 401 Votes)
- Flashpoint (21%, 162 Votes)
- Being Erica (10%, 77 Votes)
- Corner Gas (5%, 43 Votes)
- Slings & Arrows (5%, 38 Votes)
- The Rick Mercer Report (4%, 30 Votes)
- DaVinci’s Inquest (3%, 20 Votes)
- Trailer Park Boys (2%, 17 Votes)
Total Voters: 788
Latest posts by Greg David (see all)
- Link: First Look at The Romeo Section Season 2 - September 28, 2016
- Link: Actresses Lauren Lee Smith and NDG’s Stephanie Janusauskas talk about CBC drama This Life - September 28, 2016
- Exciting new kids formats headline Distribution360 slate at MIPCOM - September 28, 2016