Welcome to the first TV, Eh? podcast. It’s packed at 40 minutes with interviews, DVD reviews, and chatter about Canadian shows on right now. Segment start times are approximate:
- I chat with TV fan and industry insider Caroline from A Place Called Say It, Say It, Say It about reality television – first up, Superstar Chef Challenge and The Scoop
- (Start time: 5:55) Writer Denis McGrath from Dead Things on Sticks gives us a DVD review of Our Hero
- (Start time: 12:00) Caroline talks about From the Ground Up
- (Start time: 15:15) Webmaster Patrick Allec from TV Archive interviews Jackson Davies of The Beachcombers, and gives us the scoop on the 35th anniversary celebrations (check out Friends of the Beachcombers on Facebook)
- (Start time: 24:06) Caroline and I mock Canadian Idol and its executive producer John Brunton a little
- (Start time: 27:32) Writer Alex Epstein from Complications Ensue presents a lovely justification for supporting Canadian content
- (Start time: 34:00) Jennifer Smith from Runesmith’s Canadian Content talks about why she values Canadian content as an audience member and taxpayer
- (Start time: 38:15) Caroline narrowly avoids mocking me about my current obsession with Canada’s Next Top Model – we’re picking Rebecca to win
The theme music is from “Quarter to Eight,” a podcast safe track by Sweet Japonic.
E-mail Diane with suggestions and information.
Subscribe via the iTunes store or with any other program via the TV, Eh? feed
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
2 thoughts on “TV, Eh? podcast 07/07: Reality TV, Our Hero, Jackson Davies of The Beachcombers, and more”
Good stuff…like (almost) being back in Banff again.
Comments are closed.