Welcome to the first TV, Eh? podcast. It’s packed at 40 minutes with interviews, DVD reviews, and chatter about Canadian shows on right now. Segment start times are approximate:
- I chat with TV fan and industry insider Caroline from A Place Called Say It, Say It, Say It about reality television – first up, Superstar Chef Challenge and The Scoop
- (Start time: 5:55) Writer Denis McGrath from Dead Things on Sticks gives us a DVD review of Our Hero
- (Start time: 12:00) Caroline talks about From the Ground Up
- (Start time: 15:15) Webmaster Patrick Allec from TV Archive interviews Jackson Davies of The Beachcombers, and gives us the scoop on the 35th anniversary celebrations (check out Friends of the Beachcombers on Facebook)
- (Start time: 24:06) Caroline and I mock Canadian Idol and its executive producer John Brunton a little
- (Start time: 27:32) Writer Alex Epstein from Complications Ensue presents a lovely justification for supporting Canadian content
- (Start time: 34:00) Jennifer Smith from Runesmith’s Canadian Content talks about why she values Canadian content as an audience member and taxpayer
- (Start time: 38:15) Caroline narrowly avoids mocking me about my current obsession with Canada’s Next Top Model – we’re picking Rebecca to win
The theme music is from “Quarter to Eight,” a podcast safe track by Sweet Japonic.
E-mail Diane with suggestions and information.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- The legacy of Denis McGrath - March 24, 2017
- Crash Gallery returns for a colourful, chaotic second season - February 5, 2017
- Myth or Science: The Secrets of our Senses comes to The Nature of Things - January 18, 2017