From a media release:
- Original Summer Drama Hits Series High Ratings Last Night in Viewers and All Key Demographics
- CBS has ordered 13 new episodes of the hit original summer drama FLASHPOINT for broadcast next year.
The pickup comes on the heels of last night’s series high ratings in households (6.6/11), viewers (9.66m), adults 25-54 (3.3/09) and adults 18-49 (2.6/07), according to preliminary Nielsen live plus same day ratings.
FLASHPOINT is the summer’s top original scripted series averaging 7.73 million viewers, winning its time period against non-Olympic competition.
FLASHPOINT was originally developed by CTV, Canada’s largest privately owned English language broadcast network and Toronto-based Pink Sky Entertainment. For the series, Pink Sky joined forces with Avamar Entertainment in association with CBS Paramount Network Television and CTV. The series was simulcast on CBS in the U.S. and on CTV in Canada.
FLASHPOINT, starring Enrico Colantoni, High Dillon, Amy Jo Johnson, David Paetkau, Michael Cram, Sergio Di Zio, Ruth Marshall and Mark Taylor, depicts the emotional journey into the tough, risk-filled lives of a group of cops in the Strategic Response Unit (inspired by Toronto’s Emergency Task Force).
Bill Mustos, Anne Marie La Traverse and Tess Cameron are executive producers.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- The legacy of Denis McGrath - March 24, 2017
- Crash Gallery returns for a colourful, chaotic second season - February 5, 2017
- Myth or Science: The Secrets of our Senses comes to The Nature of Things - January 18, 2017