From a media release:
Flashpoint Captures Highest Audience Ever on CTV with 1.46 Million Viewers
- Flashpoint No.1 series of the night in Canada; No.1 in time-slot in the U.S.
- CBS picks up CTV’s Flashpoint for 13 episode Second Season
Flashpoint continues its domination of primetime, capturing its highest Canadian audience ever as 1.46 million watched last night on CTV at 10 p.m., topping a previous high of 1.34 million set on August 7. Canada’s No.1 Canadian drama, Flashpoint was the No.1 show of the night nationally across all key demos, and ranked No.1 with total viewers in Toronto/Hamilton.
Among the highlights:
- 2.5 million Canadians watched all or part of last night’s new episode of Flashpoint
- Flashpoint’s audience peaked at 10:51 p.m. with 1.66 million viewers
- Flashpoint continues to succeed south of the border, posting a series-high 9.66 million viewers, No.1 in the 10 p.m. time-slot.
On the heels of CTV’s renewal of the series on August 25th, CBS announced today that they have picked up 13 episodes of Season 2 of Flashpoint for broadcast next season. Flashpoint has been CBS’ top original scripted series, averaging 7.73 million viewers, and winning its time period against non-Olympic competition.
In the next episode of Flashpoint, “Eagle Two” (Sunday, Sept. 28 at 10 p.m. on CTV), the SRU is handling a routine VIP protection shift when a bomb goes off. Realizing the bomb was a distraction tactic so that the VIPs wife could be kidnapped, the SRU attempts to find her. The kidnapping turns to horror when the wife is found alive – with a remote-controlled collar bomb around her neck.
Episodes of Flashpoint can be seen on demand on the CTV Video Player at CTV.ca.