From a media release:
The 31st Banff World Television Festival (BANFF) and nextMEDIA announced the winners of the 2010 â€œ”Rockie” Awards. Among the winners were the following Canadian shows:
- Animation: Le Printemps de Melie/ Molly in Springtime, National Film Board of Canada in association with Folimage, PIWI, Divertissement Subsequence Inc â€“ Canada
- Lifestyle & Information Programs: Pitchin’ In: Shrimp, Frantic Films, Food Network â€“ Canada
Chosen from 900 entries from more than 43 countries, the Banff World Television Awards, also known as the â€œRockiesâ€, is one of the world’s most prestigious events celebrating outstanding work by international TV creators responsible for the continuing evolution and originality in the industry. All the nominees were announced earlier this year at the MIPTV broadcast and digital media conference in Cannes, France.
Equally exciting, BANFF has seen a 13% increase in submissions this year, attesting to the continued popularity and importance of the awards.
The BANFF organizers designated 68 jury panels from over 30 countries around the world to select Rockie Award nominees in each of the 34 categories. There will be 5 separate award ceremonies for winners from each of these 34 categories, culminating in the Banff World Television Awards on June 15, 2010.
For full list of category descriptions,: http://www.banff2010.com/2010.program.categories.php.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- The legacy of Denis McGrath - March 24, 2017
- Crash Gallery returns for a colourful, chaotic second season - February 5, 2017
- Myth or Science: The Secrets of our Senses comes to The Nature of Things - January 18, 2017