From a media release:
Six Bands get the Chance of a Lifetime on MuchMusicâ€™s DISCOVERED
- Re-imagined docu-series DISCOVERED (formerly DISBAND) returns to MuchMusic later this year
MuchMusic announced today the six new Canadian bands who are set to appear on the newly revamped series DISCOVERED. The ups and downs of the Canadian music biz are revealed through the eyes of these bands as MuchMusic cameras follow these artists on the rise. Formerly called DISBAND, DISCOVERED returns in a new, docu-series format which gives viewers an up close and personal look at the life of these young bands trying to make it in the music industry. Filming, already underway, culminates this month with the showâ€™s premiere set for later this year on MuchMusic.
The bands set to make their mark on the upcoming season of DISCOVERED are:
- Soulful pop/rock singer-songwriter Brett Boivin – pictured (Winnipeg, MB)
- Pop-rock quartet Brighter Brightest (Aurora, ON)
- Pop-funk group Colorsound (Montreal, QC)
- Hard hitting pop-punkers For The Weekend (Calgary, AB)
- Synth-rock band Nightbox (Toronto, ON)
- High energy pop-rockers Slow Motion Victory (Brantford, ON)
In each episode of MuchOriginal series DISCOVERED, cameras follow the lives of six bands experiencing the ups and downs of trying to make it in the notoriously demanding music biz. From landing gigs to landing record deals, viewers are given a complete all-access, behind-the-scenes pass into the real lives, struggles, and triumphs of these Canadian bands, including a showcase in front of the biggest music execs in the country. Musician, producer, artist, and DISCOVERED Mentor Greig Nori guides the artists through the brutal, but exciting music industry.