From a media release:
Hallelujah! THE BORGIAS Debuts to Bravo!’s Largest Series Audience in Seven Years With 575,000 Viewers
- 1.33 million viewers watch some part of the broadcast
- Premiere is the #1 non-sports specialty program Sunday night
Bravo! and CTV’s new international co-production THE BORGIAS premiered last night to 575,000 viewers last night, the largest audience on Bravo! for a television series since 2004, and Bravo!’s most-watched original Canadian production of all time. It’s the fourth most-watched broadcast on Bravo! in the network’s history. In total, more than 1.3 million viewers sampled the two-hour television event, which peaked with 742,000 viewers.
THE BORGIAS was also the most-watched non-sports specialty program Sunday night, besting the premiere of WIPEOUT CANADA (TVtropolis; 510,000). Up 65% from any other telecast on Bravo! this year, the premiere also delivered four-and-half times as many viewers at 10 p.m. – 12 a.m. ET respectively compared to Bravo! season-to-date timeslot averages.
In the U.S., THE BORGIAS premiere also performed strong. It was SHOWTIME’s largest audience for a new drama in seven years with 1.06 million viewers, just nearly double the audience than in Canada, and more than 22% higher than their premiere of THE TUDORS.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- The legacy of Denis McGrath - March 24, 2017
- Crash Gallery returns for a colourful, chaotic second season - February 5, 2017
- Myth or Science: The Secrets of our Senses comes to The Nature of Things - January 18, 2017