From a media release:
Twelve Dancers Remain on CTVâ€™s SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA as CARLENA and JP Leave the Stage
- Guest judge Mary Murphy joins Jean Marc Genereux, TrÃ© Armstrong, Luther Brown and Blake McGrath behind the judgeâ€™s desk August 15 and 16
- Jean Marc Genereux to choreograph the Top 12 group number
It was revealed live tonight that CARLENA Britch (20), a Hip-Hop and Locking dancer from Vancouver, BC and JP DubÃ© (19), a Hip-Hop dancer from Montreal, QC would be leaving the SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA stage. The results were revealed live during tonightâ€™s broadcast after host Leah Miller revealed the three couples with the lowest number of votes. The 12 remaining dancers will take to the stage on Monday, August 15 at 8 p.m. ET on CTV (go to ctv.ca to confirm local listings).
The bottom three couples who performed their solos for Canada this week were GEISHA Chin (19), a Contemporary dancer from Toronto, ON and JOEY Arrigo (19), a Contemporary dancer from Newmarket, ON who performed an emotionally charged Contemporary routine; YULIYA Zavadska (29), a Latin dancer from Toronto, ON and JP who danced a red-hot Hip-Hop routine; and CARLENA and SHANE Simpson (24), a Jazz dancer from Thornhill, ON, who danced a angst-filled Contemporary routine. Following the reveal, each dancer had the opportunity to dance for their lives before the judges deliberated and decided that CARLENA and JP would be the next two dancers eliminated from the competition.
Opening tonightâ€™s show was a jazz-rock group number choreographed by Melissa Williams. The sexy and edgy routine had the Top 14 dancing about love and rumours to Adeleâ€™s â€œRumour Has It.â€
Performing next week on Monday, August 15 at 8 p.m. ET on CTV (go to ctv.ca to confirm local listings) in front of judges Jean Marc Genereux, TrÃ© Armstrong, Luther Brown and Blake McGrath as well as guest judge Mary Murphy are:
- ADAM LoPapa (19), a Jazz dancer from Woodbridge, ON
- CHRISTIAN Millette (28), a Ballroom dancer from Montreal, QC
- DENITSA Ikonomova (24), a Ballroom dancer from Laval, QC
- FRANÃ‡OIS Pruneau (26), a Ballroom dancer from Trois-RiviÃ¨res, QC
- GEISHA Chin (19), a Contemporary dancer from Toronto, ON
- JOEY Arrigo (19), a Contemporary dancer from Newmarket, ON
- JORDAN Clark (19), a Contemporary dancer from Tottenham, ON
- LINDSAY Leuschner (19), a Contemporary dancer from Stouffville, ON
- MATT Marr (20), a Contemporary from Quispamsis, NB
- MELISSA Mitro (23), a Contemporary dancer from Richmond Hill, ON
- SHANE Simpson (24), a Jazz dancer from Thornhill, ON
- YULIYA Zavadska (29), a Latin dancer from Toronto, ON
Next week, the Top 12 will work with choreographers Sabrina Matthews, Sean Cheesman, Sho-tyme and SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA alumni Danny Arbour and Francis Lafreniere and Claudia Primeau.
For anyone who missed tonightâ€™s SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA Results show, an encore airs on MuchMusic Friday, August 12 at 7 p.m. ET. Weekly encores of the Performance and Results shows air back-to-back Fridays at 7 p.m. ET on MuchMusic (visit muchmusic.com to confirm local broadcast times).
One thought on “Top 12 revealed on So You Think You Can Dance Canada”
I felt so disappointed that Carlena was voted out. To me carlena is the best dancer in this yaer’s edition. despite she has the least vote, the judges should hv consider the fact she is the best amongs the dancers.if elimination is by vote thay means there should’nt be need to have judges on the show.im so disappointed.
Comments are closed.