From Chris Lackner of Postmedia News:
- Laughter is the best medicine?: Calm your nerves with CBC’s new comedy Michael: Tuesdays & Thursdays
In Matt Watts’ case, art is quite literally imitating his life. In the new comedy Michael: Tuesdays & Thursdays, Watts plays 30-year-old Michael, a man who suffers from generalized anxiety disorder. The neuroses can manifest itself in fears of anything and everything – from heights, vomit and snakes to simple communication with other people. Watts knows the character well; Michael is based on his own life-long struggle. Read more.
From Richard Ouzounian of the Toronto Star:
- The Big Interview: Don McKellar
“It all came out of the stories Matt’s being telling us for years,” begins McKellar. Matt is Matt Watts, the actor who plays the title role in the series and also the one who inspired its creation. “Based on the neuroses of Matt Watts,” in fact, is the official credit assigned to him for the show. Read more.
Diane is the founder of TV, eh? She loves books, movies, TV, science, space, traveling, theatre, art, cats, and drinking multiple beverages at the same time.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- The legacy of Denis McGrath - March 24, 2017
- Crash Gallery returns for a colourful, chaotic second season - February 5, 2017
- Myth or Science: The Secrets of our Senses comes to The Nature of Things - January 18, 2017