From a media release:
TOP 12 COMPETITORS PREPARE TO HAMMER IT OUT ON CANADAâ€™S HANDYMAN CHALLENGE
- All-Star Judging Panel Reveals Their Top Picks in HGTV Canadaâ€™s Biggest Competition
HGTV Canadaâ€™s expert judging panel of Mike Holmes (Holmes on Homes, Holmes Inspection), Bryan Baeumler (Leave It To Bryan, Disaster DIY), Scott McGillivray (Income Property) and host Jillian Harris (The Bachelorette, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition) have scoured the country to find Canadaâ€™s best handymen and women. After hundreds of auditions they have found the top 12 competitors who will move on to the next round of competition in next weekâ€™s episode of Canadaâ€™s Handyman Challenge, airing on Tuesday January 31 at 10pm ET/PT on HGTV Canada.
The top 12 competitors were whittled down during auditions across Canada, wowing judges with their original plywood creations and standing out against the other hopefuls in skill-testing challenges. Click on each competitorâ€™s name below to learn more about the countryâ€™s top 12.
- Todd Allen, 43, Kentville NS
- Kyle Chura, 38, Surrey BC
- Carl Csantis, 48, Cambridge ON
- Mark Falvai, 38, Qualicum Beach BC
- Greg Leonard, 27, Halifax NS
- Brad Moore, 47, Ancaster ON
- Andrew Petheram, 19, Niagara Falls ON
- Dana Sanson, 40, Brampton ON
- Normand Seguin, 46, Montreal QC
- Maggie Stewart, 27, Lower Sackville NS
- Frank Waters, 35, Vancouver BC
- John Wynes, 43, Chilliwack BC
The next four weeks of Canadaâ€™s Handyman Challenge will see competitors going head-to-head over challenges such as building staircases, identifying errors in poor construction, and intricate painting. There will be blood, sweat and tears â€“ but in the end only one will be named Canadaâ€™s Best Handyman.
For more information on the top 12 competitors, full episodes after they air, and exclusive on-set interviews with Canadaâ€™s Handyman Challenge all-stars, visit www.hgtv.ca.