From a media release:
CITYTV’S CANADA’S GOT TALENT BECOMES MOST-WATCHED PREMIERE IN NETWORK HISTORY
- Average of 1.5 million viewers tuned in for series debut
- Citytv wins the night in Toronto; No. 1 new series of the mid-season in key market
- Canada’s Got Talent dominated Canada’s Twitter-verse as a top trending topic from 7pm-9pm ET on Sunday
Last night, viewers proved that Canada does indeed Got Talent, as an average of 1.5 million viewers (2+) tuned in to the highly-anticipated series debut of Canada’s Got Talent on Citytv, making it the most-watched premiere in network history. The original Citytv series beat out the national broadcasts of the highly-touted premieres of CTV’s GCB and CBC’s new Don Cherry movie, Wrath of Grapes: The Don Cherry Story II, as well as the finale of Global’s Napoleon Dynamite. Viewers didn’t press the buzzer last night as Canada’s Got Talent skyrocketed to 2.8 million viewers across Canada tuning into some or all of the episode.
Plus, Citytv also won the night in the key Toronto market in P2+ and the A18-49 demos (7pm -11pm), catapulting the program to top spot as the No. 1 new series of the mid-season in Toronto.
Canada’s Got Talent airs Sundays at 8pm and Mondays at 7pm local time on Citytv. Tonight’s episode – “Calgary Auditions” – follows the judges as they stampede to Western Canada for a look at the talent Calgary has to offer.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- The legacy of Denis McGrath - March 24, 2017
- Crash Gallery returns for a colourful, chaotic second season - February 5, 2017
- Myth or Science: The Secrets of our Senses comes to The Nature of Things - January 18, 2017