From Alex Strachan of Postmedia News:
- Gerry Dee on Canada’s Smartest Person: ‘There’s something to be said for competitiveness’
Toronto comedian Gerry Dee — self-described “dummy,” former teacher, creator and star of the CBC Monday-night comedy, Mr. D, and host of this weekend’s smarty-pants contest, Canada’s Smartest Person — has his own definition of “smart,” one that has little to do with book knowledge or dictionary definitions. Read more.
From Kristin Rushowy of the Toronto Star:
- CBC’s Canada’s Smartest Person a learning experience for contestants
Now, a television special is using it to identify the smartest person in Canada — and it’s not going to be the person with the highest IQ or the best grades. Promoted as a “groundbreaking and entertaining competition,” Canada’s Smartest Person isn’t looking for someone who just has book smarts — but someone who is also logical, good at math, a visual thinker, physically adept, good at reading, writing and communicating, able to work cooperatively and be empathetic to others, and also have some musical ability. Read more.
Diane is the founder of TV, eh? She loves books, movies, TV, science, space, traveling, theatre, art, cats, and drinking multiple beverages at the same time.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- The legacy of Denis McGrath - March 24, 2017
- Crash Gallery returns for a colourful, chaotic second season - February 5, 2017
- Myth or Science: The Secrets of our Senses comes to The Nature of Things - January 18, 2017