From a media release:
CANADA’S GOT TALENT REVEALS THE FIRST 37 ACTS TO COMPETE FOR CANADA’S VOTES LIVE ON CITYTV, BEGINNING APRIL 2
- Semifinalists from across Canada will perform live starting on a special, super-sized night, Monday, April 2 at 8 p.m. local time on Citytv
- Two additional semifinalists from the YouTube ‘Last Chance Auditions’ will be revealed live on Tuesday, April 3 during the first-ever results show
- An encore presentation of the semifinalist reveal airs Sunday, April 1 on Citytv
Earlier this evening, Canada’s Got Talent fans were introduced to some of the diverse semifinalists who will compete for the coveted title of Canada’s most talented act in the thrilling and dramatic ‘Cutdown Episode’ on Citytv. As the cross-country tour came to an end, judges Martin Short, Measha Brueggergosman and Stephan Moccio reviewed all of the acts hoping to advance to the semifinals in an intense and lengthy deliberation. Then, in an emotional last stand, with no shortage of surprises, host Dina Pugliese and the judges notified the acts whose journey had ended and those who are advancing to the semifinals.
With Canada’s overwhelming number of talented performers to choose from, the judges could not contain the number of semifinalists to just 37. Subsequently, two additional acts from the You Tube ‘Last Chance Auditions,’ sponsored by Nissan, will also be included, bringing the total number of semifinalists to 39. These two acts – the highest vote-getter and one selected by the judges – will be revealed during the first live results show on April 3.
The semifinals start with three weeks of over-sized, 70-minute performance shows – the first on a special date, Monday, April 2 at 8 p.m. local time. The first-ever results show will follow on Tuesday, April 3 at 8 p.m. local time. An encore presentation of the semifinalist reveal will air Sunday, April 1 at 8 p.m. local time on Citytv. Please visit CanadasGotTalent.com for full broadcast information.
Canada’s Got Talent semifinalists are (in alphabetical order):
- ANGRY CANDY (Five-member Rock Band), ages: 27-37, from Moncton, NB
- ANGELA EWTUSHIK, 39, and her dog RALLY, 7 (Animal Act), from Harriston, ON
- AYGUL MEMET, 36 (Circus Performer), from Toronto, ON (b. Urumqi)
- BROKEN DANCE (10-member Traditional Dance Group), ages: 19-25, from Mississauga, ON
- CHRISTOPHER CHARLES, 29 (Solo Singer), from Hamilton, ON
- CRAZ E CREW STUNT TEAM (Five Bike Stunt Performers), ages 23-31, from Ottawa, ON
- DADDY COOL (13-member Dance Group), ages: 27-51, from Montreal, QC
- EMILIO FINA, 38 (Opera Singer), from Petersburg, ON
- ENIGMA DANCE PRODUCTIONS (Seven-member Dance Group), ages: 18-25, from Montreal, QC
- ERIC SAINTONGE, 37 (Circus Performer), from Montreal, QC.
- FANTASY CIRCUS (Five Circus Performers), ages: 8-42, from Markham, ON
- FRANCELLE MARIA, 23, and MATHIEU LEGER, 32 (Singing Duo), from Dieppe, NB
- FRESHH (Seven-member Dance Group), ages: 13-17, from Vancouver, BC
- GOOD FOR GRAPES (Six-member Folk Band), ages: 18-28, from Surrey, BC
- H.I.X. (Hip Hop Trio), ages: 19-21, from Montreal, QC
- IVAN DAIGLE, 41 (Solo Singer), from Petitcodiac, NB
- JACK ETTLINGER, 18 (Solo Singer), from Toronto, ON (b. United States)
- JACK, MICHEL and MARIA FORESTIER (Instrumental Family Folk Trio), ages: 7-58, from Edmonton, AB
- JULIE LAFONTAINE, 45 (Opera Singer), from Montreal, QC
- KRNFX a.k.a. TERRY IM, 22 (Beatboxer), from Toronto, ON
- LAHEEB QUDDUSI, 23 (Impressionist), from Devon, AB
- LISA ODJIG, 37 (Traditional Hoop Dancer), from Manitoulin Island, ON
- MARIANNE DEMERS, 15 (Solo Singer), from Sainte-Julie, QC
- MARISSA PUFF, 26 (Fire Poi Artist), from Edmonton, AB
- NATHAN KNOWLES, 16 (Contortionist), from Maple Ridge, BC
- ONEBLOOD (Five-member Traditional Singing Group), ages: 18-50, from Lunenburg, NS
- PULP CITY INN (Four-member Rock Band), ages: 17-22, from Windsor, ON
- ROGER LEBLANC, 23 (Actor), from Calgary, AB
- SAGKEENG’S FINEST (Three-member Traditional Dance Group), ages: 16-17, from Sagkeeng First Nation, Fort Alexander, MB
- SCOTT JACKSON, 24 (Beatboxer), from Toronto, ON
- SHALE WAGMAN, 11 (Solo Dancer), from Thornhill, ON
- SILVIA RICCIOTTO, 49 (Solo Singer), from Montreal, QC (b. Argentina)
- THE BRAT PACK (Six-member Dance Group), ages: 14-18, from Dollard Des Ormeaux, QC
- THE DANCE & ILLUSIONS OF OSLEN (Three-member Magic Act), ages: 18-36, from Vancouver, BC
- VITHOU THURBER-PROMTEP, 16 (Solo Singer), from Montreal, QC
- WUSHU BY STORM (Six-member Martial Arts Group), ages: 18-34, from Toronto, ON
- YUVAL FICHMAN, 46 (Solo Pianist), from Toronto, ON (b. Israel)
Full bios and performer photos of the first 37 Canada’s Got Talent semifinalists are available at www.rogersmediatv.ca.
Each week, beginning April 2, up to seven semifinalists will take the Canada’s Got Talent stage to show the judges, the live studio audience, and viewers across Canada if they have what it takes to reach the finals and be crowned the nation’s most talented performer. In the weekly results show, two semifinalists will advance – one selected by viewers and one selected by the judges.
Canadians will have the chance to vote for their favourite acts immediately after each live performance show. Additional details on voting and tickets will be announced in the coming days.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- The legacy of Denis McGrath - March 24, 2017
- Crash Gallery returns for a colourful, chaotic second season - February 5, 2017
- Myth or Science: The Secrets of our Senses comes to The Nature of Things - January 18, 2017