From a media release:
CANADA’S GOT TALENT WELCOMES DANCER SHALE WAGMAN AND OPERA SINGER EMILIO FINA TO THE CANADA’S GOT TALENT FINALS DURING WEEK 3 OF SEMIFINALS
- Week 3 finalists join previously announced rock band Angry Candy, dance group Freshh, opera singer Julie Lafontaine and beatboxer Scott Jackson in the finals, May 13
- Canada’s Got Talent airs Sunday nights at 8 p.m. and Monday nights at 9 p.m. local time
The spotlight – and the pressure – was on as the Canada’s Got Talent Week 3 semifinalists awaited their fate in the live results show earlier this evening on Citytv. Host Dina Pugliese revealed that solo dancer Shale Wagman was the highest vote-getter and would be advancing to the Canada’s Got Talent finals. Of the acts who placed second and third amongst voters, judges Martin Short, Measha Brueggergosman and Stephan Moccio selected opera singer Emilio Fina to continue his journey to the finals.
Wagman and Fina will perform in the Canada’s Got Talent finals on May 13 alongside previously announced finalists rock band Angry Candy (Moncton, NB), hip hop dance group Freshh (Vancouver), opera singer Julie Lafontaine (Montreal) and beatboxer Scott Jackson (Toronto).
Eleven-year-old dancer Shale Wagman of Toronto danced into the hearts of viewers across the country for his stake in the Canada’s Got Talent competition, and brought judge Measha Brueggergosman to tears. Shale has been dancing competitively for five years and is trained in ballet, jazz, lyrical, tap, modern, hip hop, acro and contemporary dance.
Emilio Fina, opera singer from Petersburg, ON, took Canada’s breath away with his beautiful performance of Andrea Bocelli’s “Time to Say Goodbye.” Emilio studied classical music at The Royal Conservatory of Music and is a full-time husband, father of four and lead station attendant at an airline company.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- The legacy of Denis McGrath - March 24, 2017
- Crash Gallery returns for a colourful, chaotic second season - February 5, 2017
- Myth or Science: The Secrets of our Senses comes to The Nature of Things - January 18, 2017